Should I "Report This User"?

Hahahaha, now that is funny. I was a little embarrassed that we had McDonald’s trash bags in our hotel room (my son’s) and the housekeeping staff got think we were obese Americans who couldn’t give up Mickeys in favor of goulash for two weeks while we were in Prague. :smiley:

1 Like

Some years ago I would often stop at the local supermarket on the way home from work to stock up on wine. Then one day at the checkout, someone said ‘are you having a party?’ No! It was just for me! So from that point on, I’d buy other things that I didn’t really need just to make it look as though I wasn’t a total boozer.

These were the days when I also used to carefully place empty bottles in the outside trash rather than just throwing them in - so that they didn’t clink and alert the neighbours to my love of wine. These days, I don’t give a flying whatsit what anyone thinks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spot on @jaquo. A party without going to the bedroom at some point ? Have never been to one of those … parties are know for sprawling horribly out of control with evidence left all through the house …

I too take my rubbish with me when I leave a listing but solely because I don’t want people judging me on what I left behind (beer bottles usually. I love a beer in the evening and I also love a nice packet of salted crisps).

In no way am I an alcoholic but it’s very easy to put two and two together and get 10.

2 Likes

Yes!! But only because I watch far too many horror movies :joy:

That must be my problem too :slight_smile:

Haha. @Zandra, your stoner comment made me laugh. Damn, I hope it was at least good stuff and not ditch weed…And yes, you’re right. In my college days I could have done a good job contributing to that collection. The temp wasn’t a huge deal, but 80 is, in my opinion, not a “comfortable” temp, so not typical. And my apartment is heated with radiators connected to the hot water heater. That means the harder it has to work, the less hot water the building has. I try to be considerate of my other tenants. It

Thanks @cabinhost for the review! I will likely use most of it.

@Magwitch, actually I did NOT go through the trash. These are the items that were left in the kitchen and/or living room (the kitchen, bath and bedroom cans were full so they did at least attempt to clean up. I guess…) Going through the trash is gross, and hey, if their crap made it that far I’d be so happy! And probably wouldn’t have had to ask for advice.

Yes, it seems that simply an honest and assumption-free review is in order. I really wasn’t sure when to use the flag or open a case. Now I do. This doesn’t seem to warrant that.

1 Like

It’s only comfortable when you leave a window wide open in the Wisconsin winter :joy:

I forgot to mention you were heating the outdoors in winter in my review…lol

Glad to hear you’ve still got your sense of humour @tinyCar :wink:

Always a good sign in a host :smiley_cat:

Good to know! I think I’m quite a bit older than you are so it’s excellent to know that youngsters still enjoy themselves at parties :slight_smile:

Dammit @Zandra. Now you got me feeling sorry for them!! A sad sad party indeed…

2 Likes

I’m not sure how it worked or whether it was bad to do but we left our hotel casement window open a crack in Prague, even when the temp was 5 degrees F, the lowest it got while we were there. We didn’t turn the heat on in the room. For some reason it was always toasty.

I had a girl reserve for a night, she said she and her boyfriend just wanted to get away for a night. She wanted to know about what kind of TV I had because she wanted to connect something to it to watch Netflix. I was kind of dreading it but I have instant book and didn’t want to cancel. So first she arrives with a female friend. From my Ring doorbell camera I know that that friend left around 10 pm and a fellow arrived around midnight. He went out to his car a couple of times around 3 am and 5 am…I assume to smoke something. They were very quiet the whole time and checked out on time. When I went in to clean the room there was an empty bottle of wine and a part bottle left. Two of the extra large Budweiser cans and Taco Bell bags and some soda cups. The trash also had some makeup stuff and a bag from one of the make up shops. The bed did not appear to be slept in, nor the shower showered in. Everything was fine and it seems to me that they probably all still live at home and just wanted to get some time away to relax. My guess is that they were all between 18-25 years old.

1 Like

My guests will also sometimes crack windows and it is something I need to research more about. I do want to get something remote that will turn off the heat/AC if windows/doors are left open for a period of time.

I don’t want to deny someone fresh air at night, or maybe it is common to have fresh air all day too? But at the same time it just takes one person to leave windows fully open during the middle of winter and your electric go through the roof. I cannot imagine what the bill would be like if guests left windows completely open for 7 days in winter. Not talking just cracked at night.

1 Like

If people are so bored they want to check my trash, go for it. Judge me! I do take wine and liquor bottles out of recycling as they can be returned for the deposit, which adds up over time.

2 Likes

we don’t have deposit returns here. So it’s really just rubbish or recycling if you care. Not all do.

On the subject of windows I am someone who has to have fresh air, both during the day and at night, winter or no. I hate how stuffy it can get when you don’t open the window. Of course during summer the window is open 24/7 and the heating is off. During winter the windows are open periodically during the day to let smells out and new air in.

I actually turn the heating off though during a window opening spell (no point heating the outside) and then crank it up after I’ve closed the window to get the temperature back up.

The hotel had a nifty system which turned off all the power to the room when you left. It was a little slot by the door you stuck your key into. It would turn on the power when you came in. I thought something was wrong with my charger when we’d come back from all day and my IPad still hadn’t charged…then I realized why, duh. :laughing:

A year and a half after OP (first time on this forum, let me know if any of this is out of line) … I just joined this forum and was looking for help and found your post. tinycar - I hope in the end you did give an honest bad review of this guest. We just had the same experience in our place in WI (uncanny in the similarity, like it might even be the same guy). I left him a bad review and hope that it warns others from booking him. He had had only one previous review, exactly opposite of our experience, which I really hard to believe. I just wanted to encourage all hosts to be open and honest in your reviews as we all depend on them when we allow a guest to book. Don’t be afraid of retaliation as the guest will not see your review until they review you. This guest’s public response to my review showed cockiness and absolutely no remorse, and he gave no response to my private feedback chastising him. I KNOW he will continue to act like this in the future unless he has honest reviews.

1 Like

Our policy is pretty clear in our heads. If we would definitely not host them again ourselves then we click ‘no’ having given a generic ‘we met this guy and he breathes’ kinda review, or if we feel necessary give some specific feedback on their shenanigans. But as you say, if they’ve been pretty atrocious and are likely to be waiting on a review, we wait till the 11th hour. I actually forget when the 11th hour is.

Hello all,
we have a situation where the guests that are presently staying in our house are not respecting Covid rules and regulations and house rules and regulations. I wrote message to Airbnb informing them about this. I have read that someone had similar situation and asked Airbnb to call them on their phone number.
Do I need to report them and how will that affect the booking rate?
Thank you in advance

Good luck with that.

What did the guests say when you reminded them of your house rules and pointed out they were also breaking (local I’m assuming) Covid regulations.

JF