Shampoo/Conditoner/Body lotions

No you’re not. Most of my guests bring their own. Although I supply just about everything, many guests buy their favourite brands when they get here (and then if they’re flying home, leave the leftovers for me :slight_smile: )

I do. I use one a day so if I’m going to be without laundry facilities, I take one for every day I’ll be away. Yes, I’m from the UK.

Agree that most of these are too small. So I bought some larger 4 oz clear plastic containers and fill them with Pantene Shampoo and conditioner. I use a silver permanent marker and label them in script handwriting. They are really pretty. I use the large dove body wash and leave both in the shower rather than the sink. Those that bring their own shampoos do not touch them and leave them for the next guest. Less waste but more product for those who need it. Everyone seems to use the dove body wash. I use it myself.

No one has ever left any of their own toiletries behind at my place. Everyone drives. I need some flyers. Maybe when covid is gone…

I do the same with the Dove Soap!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not long after we opened, a Canadian guest asked why we didn’t provide ‘washcloths’ and I told her that most people carried their own.
Her comment was that on a long holiday the washcloths got nasty!!! So now I provide them, they’re cheap to buy, get used and have never been taken!! Sometimes when guests have their own I ‘accidentally’ take them for a very hot wash!! No complaints!

1 Like

I started leaving them in the medicine cabinet, and for the most part they do not get used. When I left them out I was throwing them away because I assumed they were used.

1 Like

Sure sounds like a plug for your business to me, your profile pic is even
plug for your business.

We provide 2 sets of shampoo/conditioner and then just refill the bottles during every cleaning.

You have an electric light inside a shower stall? That seems like a huge safety hazard and can’t believe it would pass an electrical inspection.

I guess it depends on where you are in the world. Here, in order to get an STR license (and therefore STr insurance) the rental has to be thoroughly inspected and I doubt that lighting would pass.

Hopefully, @jwschroeder99 can let us know.

There’s no electrical inspections at all here in Mexico, except maybe for commercial buildings or modern apartment buildings. At least not in my neck of the woods.
So I was saying that more in terms of it just looking like a safety hazard, not that he’s necessarily violating building codes.

1 Like

I buy liquid hand soap from a local soap maker and refill the bottles from large jugs. Since i reuse the jugs, the refill costs are quite reasonable.

I do not expect a rental house to provide hotel/resort style toiletries. However, one of my first guests forgot to bring bar soap and shampoo. After that, I bought a huge box of decent sized bar soap and I keep a basket in each bathroom. Many guests use it. I keep a bottle of shampoo and conditioner in each shower. I make sure the bottles are filled and clean between guests. Not many use these.

We supply Public Goods shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, & moisturizer, hand soap and dish soap & dental floss. All those come with small or medium dispensing bottles which we buy refills for. Also, “Bite” toothpaste tablets, & a box of 2 bamboo toothbrushes. We stock cotton balls & Q-tips, Kirkland facial tissue paper towels & TP.

1 Like

There are lights made for wet applications. It’s no different than having light fixtures outdoors, in aquariums, in swimming pools, etc.

5 Likes