Shampoo/Conditoner/Body lotions

I wanted to see where some of you are finding your products at wholesale prices? We are running a luxury Airbnb and wanted the products to match as such. I was going with a product called William Roam which is running at about 0.50 cents a 2oz bottle. However, the company is charging over $100 for shipping, which seems pretty high to me and making it way more expensive. Any recommedations on luxury or organic shampoo/conditioner/body lotion/body wash 2oz size bottles that might be cheaper? Thank you!

I’ve always wanted to buy one of the 5 litre refill bottles for shampoo and conditioner but they were either way too expensive or poor quality. So we just end up by nice bottles from TK Maxx here in the UK.

1 Like

I made my own custom shower dispenser and re-fill them with whatever I use or is available in bigger bottle. I think this contraption is one of the special touches that guests rave about. Extra cheap:) There is very nice organic body lotion 8 oz. squeeze tube you can get at Ralphs.

I have a shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispenser which I fill with Pantene, not luxurious but does the trick. Guests really don’t know what I’m using anyway since they’re using the dispenser. I get large bottles on Amazon with free shipping. It’s been three years and no one has complained. I much rather spend the money on their welcome basket filled with goodies, which they seem to really enjoy.

1 Like

Get whatever is considered luxury in your demographic. Cost it in accordingly. Your guests won’t be looking for wholesale products but will appreciate good quality.

1 Like

@HalonaSedona You’d be surprised at the organic and high end hair/body care products made in the UK, Canada and France (as well as the US) that you can find at Big Lots and TJMaxx. Make sure you check the country of origin.

1 Like

I used to buy individual containers of soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion for my guests until I stayed as a guest at a Los Angeles Airbnb featuring silicon travel bottles. I switched to them and have had a good experience with them. A bonus is that such bulk containers are more green than the heavily packaged individual containers.

2 Likes

Yes Yes Yes! A friend introduced me to this wonderful soapmaker in Port Townsend, WA. All pure soaps with pure essential oils if you want.

I don’t, because of allergies, and revel in the fact that she can make great no scent soaps and shampoos, and even started making a tea tree shampoo for scalp healing when asked. Her foaming soap is great, too, especially when I got a hands-free foam dispenser for about $25 on Amazon.

Using liquid hand and body soaps saves a lot of cleanup, and hers are great. Friends that like scented products love her scents, too.

1 Like

Price has dropped since I bought this! With up to 6 ppl sharing one bathroom sink the AAA batteries last about 6 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08731RNHH/

Amazon rechargeable batteries are actually quite good and reasonable.

Please consider a wall dispenser that you refill from bulk products. If you want to use expensive products, organic, whatever, that’s up to you, but this single-use container business that creates tons of unecessary plastic waste is really unconscionable in this day and age.

Does luxury have to equate with wasteful and environmentally unfriendly?

4 Likes

My first purchases from Bunny’s were in small containers. I now buy quart bottles to refill them.

HDsupplysolutions.com has worked well for us

I buy the large 5ltr bottles of shampoo and conditioner and soap! I spend the extra to
Give the higher quality. I do this because my BIGGEST pet peeve when staying at an Airbnb is the lack of toiletries…seriously one small bottle of shampoo and conditioner will last maybe 2 days and then what? There isn’t a refill ( like a hotel) so it’s off to the store for my family! I NEVER want my guest to ever feel they have to stock up before staying, I spend the extra to provide the best experience! This applies to nice sheets and nice towels too…extra everything! You would be surprised how much guests appreciate the little things. 104 guests and it’s the most consistent comment…”amenities galore!”

1 Like

I must be odd, when travelling I take my own toiletries. 100ml bottles if flying, regular if not.

Quality or quantity of toiletries available in an Airbnb doesn’t make the slightest difference to me, and my OH the same, she takes hers.

@Tampahost sell you a full stop, I’m doing them cheap just now.

JF

2 Likes

Do you pack your own flannel? (Am I using that word correctly?) I heard that was a UK thing.

1 Like

I only officially, per my listing info, provide soap- no shampoo, etc. But I have a basket in the bathroom of products guests or friends leave behind (which I always sterilize) if there’s a fair amount of product left in it. There’s usually shampoo in there, maybe sunscreen, insect repellent, it’s sort of ever-changing. But I notice that few of my guests use any of it- they also travel with their own stuff, as do I.

1 Like

haha yes in the UK we take our own flannels or facecloths, and I would take my own toiletries too…however I do provide facecloths as I heard Americans expect it, but they aren’t used very often!

I was born and raised in the US and lived most of my adult life in Canada. It doesn’t seem to be any across the board cultural thing- some people, both men and women, use washcloths, some don’t.

We supply soaps - from our experience one bar will last our family of three a week. We leave a few extras for good measure. I will be doing individual shampoo/conditioner next month, but l didn’t want to do anything that anyone had opened before. So that eliminated bottle dispensers.