Shameless Ask: What do you think of my listing?

I listed a few months ago and seem to be getting a great response. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and can’t help feeling there’s more I could do to refine my listing. Could I impose on anyone to take a look and let me know what you think? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6590444 . I’d greatly appreciate any insight – thanks!! It’s in L.A. - zip code 90042.

1 Like

I think you know it’s amazing! :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

3 Likes

Yup. Right out of a magazine spread. Great job!

3 Likes

After carefully scrutinizing your listing for a long time, I found something that I hate. In your section about yourself you said to “Feel free to reach out and ask me anything!” I think I speak for many of us when I say I am sick of reading the term “reach out.”

As for the space it’s fantastic and I bookmarked it.

2 Likes

Thanks K9… – I hadn’t heard that about “reach out” before. What’s a term you prefer instead?

Thanks Maggieroni and Suite Retreat!

1 Like

I prefer “contact.” Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

2 Likes

I think it looks amazing.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a big deal, it’s just a bit overused. I didn’t zone in on it. If I were coming to LA I’d reach out to you and book!:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your listing is stunning and in a terrific area of town. A few things: I think you have too many close up photos of your decor (bowl of oranges, cookbooks, etc.) and not enough pictures of the whole rooms. I don’t see a picture of the toilet. Air conditioning is listed in the amenities but you have to click on + More to see it. In my view, the only downside to Highland Park is the heat, so if I were you I would mention that you have air conditioning in the text.

1 Like

Thanks Ellen. Good tips. I will mention air conditioning higher up in the text (it’s a bit lower in the description too).

K9, good idea. I like that better too.

Don’t have time time to look now but I agree with killing the “Reach Out.” That is the phrase Bank of America used in their so called customer service when they foreclosed or attempted to foreclose on millions of homeowners. Them’s fightin’ words.

2 Likes

kona…, now that I’ve thought about it, I totally agree.

2 Likes

@metavirus - cool place. I just have two things to add -

I would say 'prime location for getting around by car just in case someone in the world hasn’t heard about the lack of public transportation in LA. Lots of European and Asian guests are looking for public transit, so you might want to add that little bit. They might just assume you mean public transportation since that’s what they are thinking.

And punctuation and simplification -

Your large, private, air-conditioned living space is crisp and contemporary. It includes 2 spacious bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a spacious kitchen/dining room, oversized balcony, fitness equipment and living room with a big-screen TV.

Good luck!

3 Likes

thanks DC - great advice!

1 Like

What do I think… I think I want to take a trip to California. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MsJ, I’m sure we’d love to have you! :slight_smile: The weather out here is lovely.

1 Like

Love your listing! By the time I clicked on it, you had already implemented some of the suggestions made here. So concise but tells a potential every single thing they need to know! Thumbs up, have fun hosting!

2 Likes

Brook, thanks! Appreciate the compliment