Sex stained sheets

I can’t believe this one has not been aired before but here goes.

In my early days of Airbnb I had one particularly obnoxious guest who left his mark on both my single beds multiple times. I outed him to his workmates (having stalked him online) which gave me great satisfaction and I made him pay for new sheets.
I now write in my details that leaving heavily stained sheets will be cause for me to gain compensation and until now that has worked. This weekend a young couple took the house and left one bed stained through to the mattress cover. The couple were very pleasant, left the house in good order but for this and I only discovered it once they had gone.
Would you mention this in your review? I left a cool review and docked 1 star over cleanliness. They left me a gushing review and want to return. I’m looking for some tips on how to handle this one - and stain removal if there are any new ideas out there. Done bleach and bio washing liquid.

Sorry, but this is part of the hospitality business and I have always managed to remove any “trace”.

1 Like

Just what I was about to say. And we have discussed this at the forum - extensively. Guests are going to have sex, sheets are going to show the evidence. It’s one of the less fun parts of our businesses, but a part nevertheless.

1 Like

I would try a soak in oxygen bleach such as Napisan.

@Jess1
Thanks for that tip. Sorry to the rest of you if this is a repeat boring topic.

I don’t understand this sentence and wish I hadn’t read it. You’re the same one who sees brother and sister sharing a bed and thinks, “INCEST!”

8 Likes

Yes, got a problem with that?

Oh-oh …(buzzzz!)…wrong answer!

9 Likes

You crack me up…

5 Likes

Bye felicia …

1 Like

Thats the kind of thing you plot in your mind, but thats where it stays. Holy crap contacting work colleagues for a few stains.

10 Likes

I remember that I didn’t understand the brother and sister thing at first. And here I am being thick again - what sort of ‘sex stains’ aren’t removable? Over the years I’ve been faced with every bodily fluid imaginable and never had a real problem.

MInd you, I’m wondering about ages now, Isn’t stalking someone on the internet something a twelve year old might do?

6 Likes

An old problem for the hospitality industry as are the cleaning of the bed sheets.

But mother’s milk, sick kids etc are also… and it happens…

Using pre-wash stain remover, oxygen boost products and detergent have never failed me. Bleach if I must.

Sometimes sheets get wrecked from other stains that are not human. It just happens…

But I use two mattress protectors on all my beds.
A thin bamboo waterproof protector, then a standard, padded mattress protector.

These are easily removed and the mattress stays untouched.

Just more hygienic and protects the bed itself.
:raised_hands:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would I mention stains on sheets from sexual activity?
Are you deranged?

13 Likes

Also what happens if someone gets ill, like with a stomach virus. And now I’m going to get graphic. Vomit, explosive diarrhea or menses… if they try to clean it and they might not have the proper cleaning products. Unless you leave them in the property.

Stuff happens… Even to us. Humans having humans experiences.

Do you shame them? Or how is it that you want them to behave?

1 Like

Maybe provide “sex towels”? LOL! Geez why wouldn’t people just grab a towel and place it appropriately? Who wants to sleep in a wet spot. Ish.

I had a young couple stay and they managed to use 6 wash cloths. 6! I was pretty sure I knew what they had been used for and it wasn’t washing in the shower. Glad they thought to use them. Easier to wash and replace.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, THAT explains the mystery of the multiple washcloth users! Four soaking wet washcloths left hanging in the shower. They courteously rinsed them out for me!

My young couple very generously put them through the wash for me. LOL!

Are you asking for help to get out stains in your sheets after people have sex-stained them or are you asking how to make people not have sex? :blush:
It does however concern me that you would go and find a guest afterwards and contact his work place re a stain in some sheets. Just. :astonished:
Of course people are gonna have sex!
When they do, you clean it up and nothing else. No stalking and no contacting coworkers or anybody else. Just deal with it as a normal person.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your replies, especially the mroe constructive ones @Bunny and to that person who asked I am not deranged but expect a certain propriety from my guests.

For those more interested in the previously mentioned obnoxious guest, there was more to it than the stained sheets (so bad they had to be binned). We are talking A sex here. He dumped open bags of rubbish (what you lot probably call garbage) in my car parking area and that included 4 empty bottles of Vodka and the pile of dirt/food stuff on the lounge floor suggested they had a party at the house. When contacting about the sheets he was bullish and denied it. Airbnb were not very pro-active and I was a bit of a newbie so I started investigating him. No reviews but he had bragged that he worked for a well know American financial publication. Excellent news for me as it took 20 seconds to find his and his workmates email addresses. So I sent the pics of the sheets and details of our conversation to all his workmates. Sounds reasonable to me. Also lots of items on G of him downing multiple shotts of Vodka in Russia in drinking competitions.
Addtionally, a more detailed look at the Arirbnb site showed he had stayed previously at a house in central London with M. I contacted M and she was happy to tell me of her experience and how her housekeeper was appalled at the state of the bedding which again was binned.
I am sorry dear readers that some you find this such a sensitve topic. May I suggest the forum manager points this out to truth sayers such as myself when they join. Something like ‘no sex we’re sensitive people who let our Airbnb guests defecate all over us’.
Again thanks for the positive responses.