Robes not being used

So before Thanksgiving I decided to put Robes in the cabins, 2 in the master bedroom of the bigger cabin and 2 in the smaller cabin.

I have had 88 nights booked since putting out the robes, I tie them in a way that I know if they have been taken off the hangar. 2 robes were just used for the first time in 88 nights of guests.

I am not complaining, I get the credit for having the robes without much hassle but I am really surprised they do not get used. I use robes at hotels when they are available.

Anyone else put out robes? do they get used?

RR

3 Likes

I Have robes - I find if the guests are not related, the robes are used.

3 Likes

I have never used a bathrobe either at home or anywhere else, unless I’m cold.

1 Like

I was thinking of adding robes to mine. I always use robes at hotels. Are your robes high quality? I might not use them if they weren’t comfortable at an airbnb. The ones at hotels are so luxurious.

2 Likes

They are nice, heavy cotton. I used one when I stayed in the cabin a couple of days recently.

RR

1 Like

I don’t put out robes but I would probably use yours (they look nice!) if I were staying and hadn’t packed my own.

I like hotel robes and if I really like the robe, I buy one when I check out. A friend who travels a lot for business always has really nice robes and that’s what she does. It’s like shopping but without the stores!

1 Like

I don’t because I already have too much laundry… BUT personally I’m wearing a super fluffy blue one right now. Snuggly, warm goodness! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I bought a couple of robes on Amazon last year as an experiment. What I found was that nice robes are pretty expensive (and the cheap ones feel, we’ll, cheap!), & I’d say 50% of guests use them. I won’t be buying expensive robes. What I do find that guests rave about, is the towel warmer that hubs got me for Christmas many years ago. It wasn’t used until we started the str, & apparently is a favorite amenity. Who’d o’ thunk?!

5 Likes

That sounds like a really nice amenity- I can see why guests would love it. Wrapping oneself in a warm towel after bathing, especially in the winter, seems luxurious.

1 Like

RR do you have a hot tub there? 35 bucks? I’d be afraid someone wanted to take it home gratis, those are nice!
Our new outdoor tub is soon to become an amazing amenity at Tiny Tiki. I was thinking about supplying 2 robes, and I expect them to be used as there are private lounging areas nearby. I might make some that are kind of funny looking, or buy some that would not be stolen, ie not as nice. I have looked and seen nice waffle ones like your link at cheaper prices. I was wondering if they would need ironing if they are air dried after washing…
Personally I generally don’t use bath robes.

I have bathrobes my guests love them they do get used regularly but not every stay

1 Like

Not a robe person here. I’m either nekkid or clothed, no sitting/wandering around in a robe for me.

3 Likes

I have had robes for years and they get occasional use. I also do the tie process and tell guests to leave them out if they are used. Recently I needed a robe for a trip and grabbed one of these. I am an average overweight woman and I was appalled at how tiny the robe was. I have one of these and a larger one in each closet. I may need to up my selection. It was almost comical.

6 Likes

No hot tub here

They are nice for $35 robes, every bit as nice as the $85 hotel robes! I do check after every guest to make sure they do not walk off though.

RR

2 Likes

Not hard to find nice robes at a discount.

Maybe 1 out of 8 guests use the robes, but the ones that do tend to mention them favorably in reviews. I think they help create an ambience of hospitality, used or unused.

Does anyone provide slippers? I don’t like the idea of those packaged spa slippers being thrown away and creating more trash.

I provide fuzzy socks with nonslip dots, but those are used less. I think it’s easier to imagine the socks being on other people’s feet between washings, while the robes seem less like personal items.

2 Likes

Now that’s a great idea for anyone who sews. A robe is a pretty simple thing to make. You could use the good parts of stained towels and do some cool patchwork thing.

1 Like

The ones in the link have what looks like about 48" chest and hip, if they are straight cut. That measurement probably does not include an overlap, which could be added 8" or more.

I have robes. They get used maybe 4X/year.

1 Like

My houses sleep 10+ and I dont want to create more laundry. But 2 years ago, in winter, I had a honeymoon couple rent ( at a discounted rate for only 2 guests). They complained that we did not provide robes and other “extra touches”. ( obviously they should have booked a romantic place for 2 and not a full house). But in 13 years, that has been the only complaint on the subject of robes. So what I think is…if you are offering a romantic experience, then robes are a very nice plus. But if your place is for adventure, or families, or groups, then it is probably not needed.

1 Like

I would love to offer my silk kimonos to guests. Deffo goes with the theme! But they are dry clean only and would not be dry cleaned between guests unless obviously dirty, so… I guess that is a BAD Idea…

1 Like