Returning items left by guests

mate, don’t ruin it, we were having so much fun. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That’s some conspiracy theory logic there.

When I went in to check after my cleaner left, that item was sitting on the nightstand. I called my cleaner and asked where she found it, and the spanglish was not strong that day, she just kept telling me “it was there I did not touch it” and wasn’t able to articulate any more detail. So for all I know it was in the drawer of the nightstand, or under the bed, etc. It’s just unclear.

Maybe you need to talk to your cleaner - leaving a dildo on the nightstand of your airbnb is probably not a good thing…

1 Like

You think? Great insight man.

1 Like

There are translation apps, you know, so you can communicate fully with your cleaner. Some even work with voice- she can speak in Spanish, you in English, and it will translate for you.

1 Like

So I actually work with all forms of latin folk every day, many from Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic and only one that is from Mexico (Quintana Roo) so my Spanish should be much better than it is, sadly I am not great at learning languages.

I have found the Google Translate app to do a horrible job at translating and only mildly better than Spanglishing your way through a conversation. The regional differences in Spanish is just too large for an app to manage.

Imagine you learn English as a second language in California and then have to converse with someone from the hills of West Virginia, lots of confusion.

This is why I am thinking this is a trolling or fake post. A dildo left bedside by a cleaner and the host does not think for a moment to discuss with the cleaner the circumstances. And then comes on here claiming that since the cleaner did not speak English fluently and the host did not speak Spanish fluently, the host accepted the response from the cleaner and then came on here to discuss ‘returning’ the item. The cleaner could give much insight on this but the host chooses to come here to ‘discuss’.?

I live in Mexico, so am well aware of the regional differences in Spanish. In fact, since I learned Spanish here in my little coastal town, I have a hard time understanding educated city Mexicans :-).

I wasn’t talking about Google translate- it’s terrible, it mangles everything. There are much better translation apps, if you want to do the research.

I think this post has run it’s course. Sure it was fun but we are now veering off into accusations and insults.

4 Likes