Reports cards are out....lol

They do expire… they last a year.

2 Likes

Any idea where you can find it? I received a $100 credit quite a while ago and it’s probably expired by now. Is there somewhere in dashboard to find it if it still was good? Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve got one too and it’s not recorded anywhere on my profile. I kept the email telling me I’d got it and there’s a code to enter when I book. Have you still got an email?

1 Like

There’s nowhere you can see your vouchers. I guess Airbnb expect you to keep emails.

When you make a booking, on the page where you confirm your credit card details the vouchers are automatically deducted there. No voucher there means it’s expired…

Airbnb don’t use the codes (maybe they did once) but in my experience a code has never been necessary, it’s all automatic.

Ah - they sent me a code with the latest Superhost notification.

Good luck!! Please let us know what happens.

So, I just happened to look at my page and I am a Superhost. I did not know. I looked at all my old emails from ABB, but did not see any notification. Did it ocurr October 1? I know I was not a Superhost before.

Notices were sent to many on October 13th.

DEMOTED from Superhost because the last 2 guests didn’t leave me a 5.0 score (my score is 4.8). Tho everyone who has stayed with me did indeed leave reviews, I’ve only been hosting since January so I have fewer than 20 reviews. A host friend who’s been hosting for 4 years told me that the more reviews you get as the years go by, the more likely you are to retain your Superhost status. It’s just about the math…

Yeah they SEND codes. They always have, in classic I’m going to confuse you style, since it’s automatically deducted. I last used one three weeks ago so it’s possible they’ve changed the process but I doubt it.

So if someone has a code then can they create a separate account and use it??

I ask because we hear of superhosts being discriminated against unless they instant book a property. One host said she was rejected in 10 different countries, and then finally created a new account and she was immediately accepted.

Or could you give your code to a friend to use before it expires?

Or what about a couple where only one name is on the Airbnb host account. Would the spouse not be able to use the code?

Nope. linked to your account, automatically comes up, can’t be shared. Hence why I don’t understand why they even give out codes. I can’t remember but I think you don’t even have a choice about using the coupon; if it’s there it’s coming off the total !

So do some hosts have both partners listed on their host account?

Thank you Susan for letting me know. My server was down for 2 days starting on the 13th. Finally all my devices are now on board.

no idea.

Personally I would be surprised if this was the case; just because you have a second host doesn’t mean you give them access to your personal details or enable them to spend money on your credit card. There are several cases of additional hosts who are friends / business partners not husband and wife. Airbnb is skating on thin ice if additional hosts have that much access to the main account holders details.

Congratulations - and now you will work your butt off to keep it. :slight_smile:

Well, except that the $24 I got from referring a friend, is automatically applied (and which I remove as I’m not going to use it to book business trips) but the $100 one I got for being a SH for 4 quarters isn’t automatically applied… surely it hasn’t expired - i’ve only had it a little while.

Well, here is the update on the outcome. Am happy and relieved

They’re always automatically applied in order of age. Once you’ve spent the smaller one … it will take off the larger one.

You’re right that if you have loads of vouchers (I had three at one point including one for $200) you can only ever see the first one being applied at the payment page. I called Airbnb and they were able to send over a list of all the vouchers and their expiry dates. They also sent their codes which made me LOL, as the codes do not work when you try and type them.

Oh that’s interesting. I should let them apply the vouchers to the work bookings and have work reimburse me!