Refunding guests for past stays

It’s 4 bedrooms and 5 beds. Manager actually said that someone pees on those matresses. I said, yeah did you sniff it? :joy:
He said : all of your matresses are 40 years old. I can’t let my guys sleep on them.
My question is why would they even look at matresss? Do we look at matresses if we go to hotel? Do we lift sheets ? It’s an action of someone who wants to get out of reservation. My friend had a story when a couple arrived and lifted sheets and made picture like there are bed bugs there . But it was just dust . Who would such a thing as check for stains on mattresses.

I’m so sorry. Awful. The construction crew just successfully did a scam for free lodging. My ex-husband was in construction. The requirements for an out of town job housing were: 1. close to job site 2. reasonably clean 3. Hot shower at end of day 4. enough beds They were so hot tired at the end of day, any place with a roof & airconditioning was appreciated.

I wonder if they were really doing construction?

They didn’t get free stay. Their first week was paid but they cancelled 41 days reservation .
I know what you mean by simple requirements … I hosted several crews and they all were so happy with the house . They worked many hours , came home , showered and went to bed . And they loved heated pool. They never bothered us with anything. Best guests anyone could wish for.

Yes they were doing construction. The mananger showed me pictures . Butvthen aggain may be he just loves fake pictures :joy:

Are there stains on the mattresses? How old are they? I would be very pissed off (pun intended) if I lifted the sheets and saw stains.

Gary

2 Likes

Yes there some stains from spilled juice that won’t come off . Because you are just like them. Little
Princess . So you expect hosts to change matresses after someone spilled something in them and why would you lift sheets, that’s my question.

1 Like

Wow, Yana! You do have a tendency to very respectless, when people are voicing their opinions…

We change madreasses every 10th. year here, and I expect to do the same in our airbnb apartment. We have both think topmadreasses and a other cover to protect the them

2 Likes

Yana, this is really out of order. Being a moderator does not give you the right to be so insulting to a poster. Nor did you answer the question about how old your mattresses are.

2 Likes

And I don’t have to answer any questions I don’t want to. And so do you or anyone else . I am just saying the naked truth, if a person gets disgusted with a spilled juice stain on a matress that he/she deserves a name of " little princess" for sure .

I don’t know how old the mtresses are because I bought them along with beds used. Sellers lived in very upscale areas and these matresses are high end very high quality. In my past reviews people commented especially about comfort of the matresses.
I don’t think they are more than 10 years. .
And I do not change my matress every 10 years . I sleep now on a matress of 18 years and it’s in perfect condition because originally it was 2000$.

1 Like

Maybe your guests deserve your anger, but a fellow poster, simply expressing their opinion, should not also be the target of your anger, particularly from a moderator.

2 Likes

Itvtakes me more than that to become angry. Someone’s comment about matress. Don’t take everything so seriously. This is not the first time you are on my case
And leave my moderator status alone.

1 Like

I really don’t know what you are referring to by this. If I have ever given you reason to feel this, I can only apologise, but I think the comment may say more about you than me.

Nor do I understand what you mean about leaving your mod status alone; it’s not something I can touch, only comment on behaviourally. But I’m wondering if you are trying to be threatening?

1 Like

No one threatens you for sure ,:grinning: I don’t know you and I have no anger toward you or anyone else even the guests who just left . You keep referring to my moderator status that’s what I mean. It has nothing to do with my comments . I would be outspoken with it or without.
This topic was created to give people awareness of the Airbnb policy to refund even for past stays .

2 Likes

So sorry, Yana. Agree with every one here. Air’s number one goal is to keep guests happy so they will keep them spending money on their platform. They don’t concern themselves with serving hosts, because they think they have so much inventory they don’t have to worry about it.

When I read stories like this I am reminded how happy I am to have transitioned to the long-term rental gig. I just signed a 12-month lease with a tenant to rent the front bedroom in my house. Sure, it’s not as much money as short-term, but life is so much easier, and now I am in charge of the rules rather than some faceless corporation that is making things up as they go.

2 Likes

This is the direction they are headed, sadly. The handwriting is on EVERY wall. Look at all of the most money grubbing and Strict Policy controlling platforms and you will see Air there eventually.

They will yank all the few remaining benefits from us and we will still all roll over.

Glad to see you still posting JacK! So happy for your new situation!!!

2 Likes

I expect mattresses, mattress protectors, pillows pillow protectors etc. all to be spotless, even in budget accommodation. A good thick mattress protector should prevent almost all strains, modern fabrics wash and dry beautifully. An upholstery cleaning machine and stain removal spray e.g. Bissell, should get rid of any biological stains which get through to the mattress. We really cannot entertain any possibility that there might be other people’s bodily fluids on a mattress people pay to sleep on. That is not being a princess, that’s basic hygiene and respect. If a guest peed on my mattress I would be on to Airbnb for a replacement!

1 Like

Have you ever stayed in the most budget accomodations? Judging but what you expect from these type of accomodations you live in imaginary world. If you expect "spotless " in even budget accommodation. You can expect whatever you want to expect but world doesn’t function like this. Spots doesn’t mean it dirty.
In most cases it means non removable spots.

And people who expect everything spotless should really spend much more money that they want to spend looking for the cheapest accommodation out there and ONLY THEN They can expect everything to be spotless and magic.

Also good luck to you to get a new matress from Airbnb.

4 Likes

Ironic that Air would refund a guest for a spotted (not soiled) mattress but would be hard pressed to award us hosts a new one if someone peed or puked on it.

5 Likes

Yeah I thought the same thing. And by the way no one peed on my matress. It’s the manager suggested it.

1 Like

My accommodation is budget but has spotless mattresses. All it takes is a little care, if you follow my advice in my last post. Most biological stains are removable. What have you tried on your stains already? I really recommend the Bissell Little Green.
Yes Airbnb would be out of order not to replace a mattress a guest wrecked. Airbnb runs the risk of making our listings unsustainable. Sadly LTR may have to be the solution if they don’t change the ridiculous refunds of OUR money they are giving out.

I bought matresses with those little spots. I didn’t even think twice that it could
Possibly disturb anyone. And no one was disturbed so far after 200+ guests stayed there . Not once someone even mentioned condition of matresses other than “comfortable”. I guess they didn’t lift sheets .
My both houses though at lower scale are very clean but when I rent budget accommodation my expectations are low. I definitely don’t expect anything perfect and spotless . There is a price for everything