Ready to be suspended?

Just thinking it really looks like most or all of @Oded 's declines were inquiries, not request, and even the message from Airbnb used the term “requests”. I’m wondering if this is related to those specific items or not.

The reason I’m wondering is because I’ve declined a few inquiries and my “Accepted reservations” has always been 100%. Is the acceptance rate Airbnb tracks different from the “Accepted Reservations” on your Progress–>Opportunities–>Basic Requirements page?

My response was meant to address a post previous to mine, where someone seemed to indicate they would just let an inquiry expire without even messaging back.

The update I’ve been waiting for…

I have 8 new Inquiries since this post. After waiting and asking all guests to cancel it without success I called AB. The (not so nice guy) told me he doesn’t see in the system that I ever got such warning NOR that I called about it and it was noted on my profile.

After, I explaining it to him 3 times and got the same answer I told him just decline those on your end and let’s call it a day. You guessed it right, didn’t you?! He can’t do it and if I want those declined well… I can do it myself. Asked multiple time to talk to a supervisor but he said none is available now. Really? They are gone exactly this moment…

Good luck to us all.

Coronavirus is here to fix things for us all.

You got an idiot Air CS agent? What? It can’t be!

Call back until you finally get someone with a brain. Be polite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you understand the difference between Inquiries and Requests to Book? It doesn’t sound like it. There is no reason to ask a guest to withdraw an Inquiry. There is nothing to cancel- the guest is just asking questions and there is no booking to cancel. If you don’t want to pre-approve an Inquiry, just message the guest back within the 24 hours, explaining why you can’t accept their booking. You don’t have to click on decline- just responding within 24 hours is all that’s required. The Inquiry will expire after 24 hours, all on its own. You won’t get any penalties or it won’t affect your stats.
It’s only if it’s a Request that you need to either decline it within 24 hours or convince the guest to withdraw it before you need to either accept or decline.
So if these were all Inquiries, you are making a big deal out of nothing. Just reply to the guest and move on. No need to involve Airbnb at all.

Inquiries do not expire after 24 hours. They eventually become “not possible” due to that time frame being passed or being otherwise booked/unavailable.

Just respond, archive, and ignore the constant prompts to approve or decline that Air sends until they become not possible. Often I will go on and preapprove. That expires after 24 hours and makes the prompts stop, because you’ve thrown the ball in the guest’s court. So, you are looking for lodging for an event that’s an hour aand a half way? Preapprove :cowboy_hat_face:

They never book, but the automated reminders go away.

1 Like

I pre approve then read the inquiry, oh no I am sorry you cannot check in early or whatever. Sometimes they are requests to book and it moves to confirmed, then I respond and tell them no to the early/late check in request. I am on IB so the request usually come when they put a check in time different then what is posted. Nobody has cancelled or complained.

RR

Inquiries do not expire after 24 hours. The penalties I’ve gotten were due to canceling Inquiries. I’m looking at my account right now and see 8 of them. Rest assure, they do not expire.

I can not pre-approve as the price per day for an event is way higher than a stay. Doing can make things more complicated.

@Oded There is no such thing as cancelling an Inquiry. Inquiries can only be pre-approved or declined, they aren’t confirmed bookings, so there is nothing to cancel.
As long as you reply to an Inquiry message within 24 hours, and don’t click on either pre-approve or decline, the Inquiry will read “not possible” when the 24 hour period is over and you won’t be punished in any way.
If you pre-approve an Inquiry, but the guest doesn’t go on to book it within the 24 hours, then it “expires”, meaning the guest would have to send a new Inquiry or Request in order to book.
This has been explained to you here by not only me, but others, and you still don’t seem to understand or believe it.

People, including me, often confuse inquiries and booking requests.

Oded, one technique that’s been suggested here is to send a special offer to people who are asking for things you don’t want to grant. For example if they ask to shoot a music video send them a “special offer” for $5000 for one night. That will expire after 24 hours and it also takes care of your response rate. And if they book it … well, don’t spend it all in one place.

3 Likes

Why do you persist in pretending to be an authority when you have been proven entirely wrong twice in the last day about these subjects?

@oded has 4 PROPERTIES. Why do you think that you are entitled to tell him what an idiot he is for not listening to you, when you are so often incorrect?

What she wrote in that message is correct, and it’s obvious that @Oded still doesn’t understand the difference between a request to book and an inquirity. Why are YOU hounding HER?

2 Likes

Why? Ok. How about that in the last 24 hours alone she has been entirely incorrect RE “inquiries expiring” and how IB works.

And she goes on, persisting in “playing Ms Expert” based on “stuff that she has read on this forum and others”, and has the audacity to berate a host with 4 properties with “why aren’t you listening to me”? It’s ridiculous.

You can send a special preapproved offer with the appropriate rate in response to an inquiry.

I agree, and to be frank @Jefferson, you’re coming across as both a bit stalkery and a bit unpleasant. We all know you reckon you’re the guru of all things Airbnby (when you’re not), but the way you’re behaving towards @muddy is a touch weird.

JF

4 Likes

I think we all need a break from this thread, it’s getting kinda snippy around here.

RR

4 Likes