Read this revenge review I just got

You mean you haven’t set it up yet?

What’s holding you back?

JF

Airbnbhell.com has many host stories of destructive or bizarre guests. Browse through that if you wish.

2019 Airbnb reported 242 Million stays were booked on the platform. Massive.

There already is! It is called a review by a host. Conveniently, it is shown on the guest’s profile page. An accurate honest review by a host will easily ‘warn’ other hosts.

Always give an honest review to guests.

6 Likes

Are they not censored by Airbnb?

Thank you!
I have read few… it is scary!

Nothing. JUst limited time at the moment - but it will be done!

So how is that going to help me as a fellow host? If the guest doesn’t know it’s them, I’m not going to know it’s them. The whole idea is ludicrous.

You can do it, it’s just a bad idea. Anyway, carry on. I’m sure you can find a like minded band of wonderful hosts who like to bitch about guests all the time. Sounds like my idea of hell.

3 Likes

You do realise that this is a stupid idea, that gets suggested by hosts with issues on a regular basis.

But hey, if it stops you playing with the traffic…

Appropriate username BTW :wink:

JF

1 Like

No. Not unless you the review contains something that specifically contravenes the review policies. Responsible hosts warn other hosts about bad guests by leaving honest reviews.
And BTW, I’ve hosted since 2016 and never had a bad guest I needed to warn anyone about.

1 Like

I can find out who posted something on the internet within a few minutes in most cases, and within a few hours for all but the most hidden Russian hackers. If someone’s serious about finding out who posted, it won’t take long.

2 Likes

Who’s on first?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you think everybody’s got those skills?

Oh come on now. Here, some of us leave info in our posts or profile that allows one to figure it out.
However, it is beyond simple to be anonymous, if one wishes. Simply create an anonymous or fake account, set up using a private email and use vpn for good measure. Even full forum admins would have no means at all to “track the person down”.

2 Likes

Who am I? I’ve been trying to answer that eternal question.

3 Likes

I’m not sure anyone here really cares, maybe find another outlet that’ll pander to you?

JF

3 Likes

He’s a replacement. The original voice actor was fired after he publicly criticized a certain very controversial American president generating headlines that mentioned the company’s name.

Even animated Geckos have a back story! Interesting :thinking:

What I didn’t mention was that the folks that will do that for me charge a lot of money. You’re not worth it.

1 Like

I know those geckos! we have them Qld too, they do make a slight noise, not a scary animal noise. Can’t say I love them, but if she’s Indonesian then she’s well acquainted with them. She’s being ridiculous, tropical regions are full of bugs, lizards and whatnot.

Her whole review is incoherent, you almost could get away with just suggesting she’s a disgruntled guest who didn’t get the refund she demanded. You could say “i dont want to get involved in insurance scams” haha. ok, ignore that, there’s been better, more polite options written already.

1 Like

" I’ve been on this forum 6 years and have never heard of a case where a listing was suspended due to a low reviews. And I’ve seen many many listings with 4. something averages."

Actually, I had my listings suspended for 10 days due to a revenge review. I had just started and it brought my average to below 4 stars. I ended up getting so disgusted that I left airbnb completely. They deleted the revenge revue after 2 months, but by then I was gone.

I end up still getting the weekly listing from this list and read a lot of these threads and I don’t regret not continuing with airbnb.