Read this revenge review I just got

I thought the guest was calling the host a little lizard that yelled a lot. I guess I should have my coffee first when I wake up before reading posts. LOL Perhaps the host can have the post removed if customer service rep also thinks that the guest is calling the host a lizard.

6 Likes

As do I. We have loads in and around the building, but sadly this year not nearly so many as before.

When OH has gone to bed, and I am on our middle terrace, it is not unknown for me have wonderful conversations with our geckos. Another of the amazing properties of Oloroso, it lets you speak geckoese after a certain level of intoxication.

This is Gerald, instantly recognisable by his missing toe.

He’s got an odd accent, I never understand a word he says.

JF

12 Likes

He’s quite a handsome greenie.

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only that speaks to animals. I too have conversations with Harry and Larry, the friendly seagulls that visit me often. Probably different 20210730_174722 ones each time but I like to think they’re the same ones from previous days.

3 Likes

Airbnb Experience? “Talk to the Animals Like Dr. Doolittle”

4 Likes

In the US, we have a talking gecko that sells auto insurance.

4 Likes

Airbnb messaged me and said they reanalyzed her review and removed it because its not relevant. I just clicked on her profile and noticed they removed my review also, but never told me anything about that or the reason for that removal. I didn’t break any review policy, so this is very disappointing.

7 Likes

I asked the CS why they removed my review, and they said it was a mistake and the review is back on her profile already.

6 Likes

Success! Seemingly went the way it should.

6 Likes

Do they bring their friend, Johnathan Livingston too?

8 Likes

I’ve actually wasted time wondering why he sounds like C3PO with a slight British inflection in his speech

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that the speaker is a robot.

Funny one. :lizard: CP30 with a side gig! Now we know what he does between Star Wars filming.

Thanks for sharing both the “before” and “after” . I’m sorry for the time and trouble, but glad you were avenged for the revenge review :trophy:

1 Like

Mmmmm - if I was reading that review I would find It pretty hard to figure out what she’s actually saying, as it’s incoherent.
The fact she planned to fly out before the original booking was up, sounds very fishy.
When I’ve had a problem I talk to an actual Airbnb person.
Re the reptile,I know people who would find a gecko or any wildlife,however small, scary, so I’d let a guest know beforehand that they’re harmless.

1 Like

Let’s organize a forum on FB or Linkedin where we can warn others before accepting rogue guests - damaging your property, threatening you with bad reviews, complaining on everything etc.

OK, on you go. Let us know when you’re finished.

:roll_eyes:

JF

2 Likes

This bad idea has been floated here many times. One issue @JohnF mentioned is that someone has to do it and it’s usually not the one suggesting it that wants to make the effort.

Two, the chance of your “rouge guest” using the same account you’ve reviewed and reported them on booking another host who is on the forum you create is tiny.

Third, what such a forum really is an opportunity for hosts to bitch and whine. If by chance a rogue host (gasp! could it be? do such things exist?!) out for revenge posts about a guest and the guest finds out about it they could sue the host for libel and bring a lot of unfavorable publicity to the organizer of such forum.

Hello

The thing is people can have different identity on those forums. Nobody will know who set up that group and who actually mentions the guest. And how can guests sue anyone if they will be mentioned only by first name and first initial of the last name?

And we know about guest who post “revenge reviews”. So why is it only them who can do things like this?

Cheers