Read this revenge review I just got

Who’s on first?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you think everybody’s got those skills?

Oh come on now. Here, some of us leave info in our posts or profile that allows one to figure it out.
However, it is beyond simple to be anonymous, if one wishes. Simply create an anonymous or fake account, set up using a private email and use vpn for good measure. Even full forum admins would have no means at all to “track the person down”.

2 Likes

Who am I? I’ve been trying to answer that eternal question.

3 Likes

I’m not sure anyone here really cares, maybe find another outlet that’ll pander to you?

JF

3 Likes

He’s a replacement. The original voice actor was fired after he publicly criticized a certain very controversial American president generating headlines that mentioned the company’s name.

Even animated Geckos have a back story! Interesting :thinking:

What I didn’t mention was that the folks that will do that for me charge a lot of money. You’re not worth it.

1 Like

I know those geckos! we have them Qld too, they do make a slight noise, not a scary animal noise. Can’t say I love them, but if she’s Indonesian then she’s well acquainted with them. She’s being ridiculous, tropical regions are full of bugs, lizards and whatnot.

Her whole review is incoherent, you almost could get away with just suggesting she’s a disgruntled guest who didn’t get the refund she demanded. You could say “i dont want to get involved in insurance scams” haha. ok, ignore that, there’s been better, more polite options written already.

1 Like

" I’ve been on this forum 6 years and have never heard of a case where a listing was suspended due to a low reviews. And I’ve seen many many listings with 4. something averages."

Actually, I had my listings suspended for 10 days due to a revenge review. I had just started and it brought my average to below 4 stars. I ended up getting so disgusted that I left airbnb completely. They deleted the revenge revue after 2 months, but by then I was gone.

I end up still getting the weekly listing from this list and read a lot of these threads and I don’t regret not continuing with airbnb.

That doesn’t sound the same as the warning that people get that they worry about. It sounds like the guest has a specific complaint that you were suspended for while they “investigated.” I’ve definitely heard of listings being suspended but almost every host to whom that happens claims not to know why. Maybe they don’t want to tell us it’s because they have several bad reviews, therefore I think it’s never happened to anyone here.

That’s great. I’m sure a lot of folks who wring their hands over Airbnb could do without them if they tried.

2 Likes

I know why. The guests contacted me at 3pm, wanting to stay that night. I had not expected anyone and told them that I really didn’t have the unit ready until 6pm. They said that’s fine and that they were just going to drop of their things and we could clean. They dropped off their things at 3.10 and stayed in the bedroom (not agreed), while we cleaned. This was July 4th.

They were supposed to leave at 10am and at 10.30 I asked, through airbnb, whether they had left. No answer.
I asked again at 11.00 . No answer.
At 11.30am I knocked on their door and 1 came up, half asleep. I advised that I had other people coming and really needed them to vacate.

They vacated half an hour later and wrote in their review how nothing was ready at 3.00pm for them to be there. There was a ton of noise all night (this was July 4th) and they could not sleep at all. Everything was dirty and this was a horrible place to stay.

These were lies and all communication went through airbnb, so they could see it. Took them 2 months nevertheless.

1 Like

So are you using another platform, your own website or did you stop hosting altogether?

I stopped hosting. Not for me. I had just started and it soured it for me

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. When I started I had thought we would clean the guest suite (MIL apartment attached to my house) immediately after guests would check out. Then it would always be ready for the late comers. As it worked out, we didn’t. We were thus put into tight situations and had to turn down a few last minute requests. Anyways, we realized that they didn’t work out, retooled by adding a 2 day buffer, and kept going. It’s worked well for us. Sorry that it soured things so much for you.

1 Like

TBH, some folks are suited to doing STR, others aren’t. Sounds like you found out early doors you’re one of the latter, not such a bad thing really because now you know.

JF

2 Likes

Hosting isn’t the correct gig for everyone and all properties (location and/or set up) aren’t right for STR.

There’s value in figuring that out early. However there is also value in never saying never. After a break, it’s ok to consider trying again—options you have (yoda says)

1 Like

Here’s the thread where she first posted about this issue. Sometimes you know from the get go.

1 Like

AHA! 🕵🏻‍♂️ The rest of the story…

Thanks for the link @KKC. What an interesting thread. I can’t speak for others, but it was a steep learning curve for me. I made so many mistakes and had so many bad guests. I’m SUPER thankful for the “so many more” great guests I’ve had & for this forum. I love getting to hear from experienced hosts in real-time (even if I don’t always agree :wink:).

My first stay was terrible and I have not (and won’t any year soon) climb out of the 4-star hole he put me in with his retaliatory review. I need to work on this…clearly I have not forgiven him as bile just arose in my throat as I typed about this special little guy :angry:.

Agree with @JohnF and you…STR isn’t for everyone. Nor is LTR…just turned mine over to a PM because I hated dealing with the same pain-in-my-rear over and over again.

2 Likes