Question for cat owners

You might not think so because of my ungrammatical posts here but I’m one of those dreadful pedantic people who are overly concerned with grammar. It’s no fun. In a restaurant when other people are perusing the delights of their forthcoming meal, I’m circling typos on the menu :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me too. I notice typos and grammatical errors all the time. Partly it’s my academic training/background. Partly it’s my OCD. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes, yes…on a restaurant menu I agree it is a very bad sign to have multiple typos, etc. My posts here are lazy editing :wink:

2 Likes

Me too. The one I see more than any other on menus is ‘lion of pork’.

1 Like

What’s funny is on that blog post you shared awhile back about being divided by a common language I found typos :wink: my eye goes straight to them, and yet I’m prone to making errors because I type so fast my brain doesn’t keep pace.

Exactly :slight_smile:

I am AWFUL when it comes to typos!

2 Likes

The only reason I can spell is because of the squiggly red line and the notification I screwed up.

1 Like

That is not a double negative. This is:

3 Likes

@Sarah_Warren - you might enjoy this post I wrote a while ago :slight_smile:

Funny thing is, separate is the hardest word for me to spell because since it’s pronounced differently whether you’re talking about distancing items or isolating them, the pronounciation in my head causes me to misspell it half the time.

You must hate it when they have spelling errors in the restaurant name. “It ain’t eazy bein cheezy”. Haha what a great name for a restaurant. I’m trademarking that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s different when it’s purposeful in a title. It’s in descriptions and publications. I have several published books in my shelves that I’ve corrected grammar and spelling…

My dirty little secret is that I once emailed a best-selling author and alerted her to a spelling error and a grammatical error (horrors!) in her book, including the pages on which they appeared. I said it was just in case she wanted to correct them before the next printing.

I certainly didn’t expect to hear from her but she emailed me in return and thanked me profusely for spotting them. She said she forwarded the corrections to her editor and she also wrote me a little more about the background for her writing the novel. I was in Seventh Heaven!

I’m not OCD about it but I am prone to correcting typos, like in those Patient Privacy forms while waiting in the doctor’s/dentist’s office, etc. It gives me something to do.

(Well…maybe I do get a little charge when there is an ‘aha!’ moment.)

3 Likes

I just figure people are becoming lazier as technology advances. We’ve gone from cave drawings to writing letters to typing letters to printing letters to emailing letters to texting to twitter. Next we won’t even need to communicate. We just wifi our brains to the internet and zone out. Lol

2 Likes