Question about giving a bad review

Yes, but I doubt it the seriousness quite the same.

Oh gosh, yes, it’s quite possible that’s why they didn’t feel safe. Damn.

Some young men of color skin other than white have friends that live in wooded areas that also run an Airbnb and that should be ok with EVERYBODY. DAMMIT. Talk about #$%%$# paranoia and racism --will ya!

1 Like

Brian_R170

2d

gypsy:

Update --she called air to get them to ask me if I would delete it. I said no.

Update below.Have yet to talk to Air will tomorrow.
Brian R170s comment: What?! You can neither delete nor edit your review once it’s posted and Airbnb does not allow the guest and host to mutually withdraw reviews (e.g., Like eBay). And every host for the past 2+ years says the only way to get a review removed is if it violates Airbnb’s terms or service.

Are you saying Airbnb called you on behalf of the guest and asked if you would withdraw your review? If so, when did this take place?

Yes this happened. After she saw our review.

I had already refunded her through resolution center when she took this action. Then she got Air to Cancel after booking date !!! So they refunded her again!!! I am so pissed I am sure she has done this many ,mAny mAny times befoRe. Will talk to cs manager again tomorrow. Just unbelievable<><.

This is another reason why we advise no refunds and as we said refunding can still get you a bad review. I hope your husband will be inclined to listen to the hundreds of years of combined experience here on the forum if you have another similar situation.

2 Likes

We have an update today. I will send the case manager the screen shots of her hot-cold - blackmail texts. Airbnb has acknowledged their mistake, reversed the 2nd payout and sent me $112.00 out of the amount I refunded to her.
It is still a mystery how she got them to call me about rescinding our review, and then changing status to cancelled after the booking date…
Yes, it is a learning curve, and I was swayed by Michael. We both feel like a lot of time and energy talking and writing about this case was lost, but the outcome is fair enough. I expect both reviews (her positive for us and our negative for her) will stand.
I fully respect the resources and people here and certainly could not have handled this very well without Airhostforum!!

3 Likes