Question about giving a bad review

how about:

The guests stayed the entire stay, and then they complained that they felt unsafe in my house and requested a refund. Not recommended.

3 Likes

I too would add to the chorus of fellow hosts begging you not to give them any praise. State not recommended so there is no doubt. You can give them “credit” for leaving it nice and tidy with 5 stars on cleanliness. 1 star for communication.

It sounds like a price increase might be advised.

1 Like

short and sweet. I like that. I think that’s a winner.

Sue728: If it was more than 2 nights … please add that it really shows what kind of guests they are.

2 Likes

What’s done is done. Learn from it and move forward. Next time, no refunds. Let Karma take care of those women. Increase your rates slightly or increase the cleaning fee to make up for the refund.

I would not say anything about they felt unsafe. That’s giving them too much credit. Would say guest demanded full refund because they did not like my drapes or the way my shutters operate.

3 Likes

It is not banned. Outcomes of Airbnb involved issues could be but even then someone would need to request the review be removed for that reason and then get some one who actually was willing and able to remove it.

I have posted several fully detailed reviews of guests including outcomes where guest refused to pay things and Airbnb paid it for them. Certainly these reviews are not something Airbnb would think is within their allowed policy but yet the reviews all stand. I occasionally check on them as I have been doing this for more than 3 years on Airbnb now. In many of the cases, ironically, the guest is also a host so SHOULD know that they can get them removed by the policy but they don’t.

I will say that this year I have not left results of Airbnb involvement in reviews because I wait until the review period is over to get them involved (in order to avoid receiving bad reviews). However, also on those cases Airbnb has constantly stated that they did not receive or cannot see the damaging proof videos even though they can see

While I might agree to not add that they felt unsafe I definitely would not fabricate lies. That would bring you down to their level of low life.

Sounds to me like a reasonable interpretation of what the guest told the OP.

3 Likes

MMilitary… I am not advocating lies. My understanding of the core issue of the guests was they felt the drapes were too sheer and there was a gap in the bathroom shutter. So I would boil it down to that. Please don’t label me a liar and a low life when you don’t know me or my character.

3 Likes

@skemp My sincere apologies as I guess I didn’t read well enough and was too tired at the very late/early hour I was posting that. Also
Explains why I had no idea what @CeeBee was talking about in that follow up post. Sorry!

I am glad I was mistaken about your post and therefore would not consider it a lie nor one to be a low life to leave such a review. In either case please understand I was never calling a person (you) a low life, just that a liar would be a low life.

1 Like

Regarding our case.
Both reviews are still up. So, saying “demanded a refund” was/is ok. Airbnb cs ( or at least someone posing as Air) called me on behalf of the guest and asked me to authorize deleting our review of the guest. #855-424-7262 was the call origin.
Interestingly our guest did have some host experience and I think a lot of Air guest experience being a airline stewardess and frequent traveler, she was likely concerned and tried to pull some strings.
Also interestingly, my reviews were scrambled and are no longer in chronological order. This happened right after our refund to guest.

Reviews from foreign guests/guests with a foreign IP addy are going to appear at the end of the reviews, not in chronological order. If the guest was from Canada their review will show first to people in Canada who are looking.

2 Likes

I like the way you think :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for that info! I don’t think any of our reviews are international, yet. We will welcome guests from Norway and Australia soon.

The reviews were completely scrambled. May, March, January, June, June, May etc…I think they (big brother @ Air) wanted to have her potentially bad review (earmarked by refund action) put far down in the list.

Were you logged into your account when you were looking at the reviews? I’m wondering if they’re showing that way just to you, and not other people…?

When I looked just now the reviews are in chronological order and there are no “bad” ones.

Funny, my view, “logged in” they are scrambled. Thanks for looking! I know they are all nice:)

Incognito view, not scrambled…

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. They left me a review, saying that I was a great host and that I had advertized that my house was under renovation, and that I was very receptive. I left them the review y’all suggested - that “they stayed without complaint and then requested their money back. I would not recommend.” I don’t think they were review scamming, just pretty clueless. Also, I live in the basement under the offending unit, and a young black man came to visit just around the time of their arrival. I really have to wonder if that had something to do with their extreme paranoia.

1 Like

Entirely possible. It’s a shame you didn’t bring that up with Airbnb when they contacted you to tell you the guests wanted their money back. Might have ended the whole matter right then and there. As you may know from reading here, Airbnb takes allegations of discrimination seriously - I would hope that goes for guests as well.