Private feedback re toilet paper

Some nice guests just left and they intend to book in the future as they have family in the neighborhood.

In private feedback she said the toilet paper was “thin” and not on par with the other amenities. Granted, it’s Scott 1-ply but it’s the same toilet paper we use in our house and we chose it for its ability to disintegrate in the sewer pipes. Some of the quilted and ultra soft brands turn into sewer blockages and who knows how much TP guests will stuff in the toilet! We have never had a problem with the Scott 1-ply.

I would welcome recommendations for something that would be a step up in comfort but is known to disintegrate well in the sewer pipes. No other guest has complained about the TP. I’m thinking about replying to her since she could be a repeat guest. Thanks y’all.

I would send her a message rather than a public response as she let you know in private feedback. Just tell her you appreciate the feedback, explain your reasons about the disintegrating and tell her you will look for other options that might work with your plumbing. I’m sure she will understand as it is a good reason!

As for suggestions for alternatives, sorry I don’t have any!

3 Likes

Maybe you make a note and just get some different tp just for her if she books again? We just use Costco brand.

3 Likes

As do we. We use it too. No complaints yet, but there is still time!

1 Like

My vegan, totally organic, muffin-eating sister only uses Charmin’. There is no accounting for preferences when it comes to toilet paper. I used Scott 1-ply for years until I joined Costco and tried their brand. Much less expensive and a bit more “plush.”

If I had a repeating guest that I liked, I would buy whatever they liked and stock the space with their preference. I have never had a repeat guest, but I would adapt if that happened.

4 Likes

I keep hearing and reading about this Costco TP. Is it the “Kirkland” brand? I think it does well in the disintegration test.

The problem is that we are not members. Is it worth joining just for the toilet paper? :smile:

1 Like

If she is picky about toilet paper then she should carry her own . I had a guest once who brought once a 12 pack of toilet paper to his room. I told him that he did not have to do as i provide it. He said he does not like the kind i use. Imagine her staying in a hotel and telling management to get different toilet paper.
Honestly i can’t imagine even bringing up the question of toilet paper with my host. I dont care if she is repeated customer or not, i would not cater to a little princess who is fussing about toilet paper.

4 Likes

Thanks Yana. She may or may not feel a little bit bad about mentioning it upon learning that we use it ourselves and didn’t just skimp for the bnb.

Probably not. But, we buy all of beef there. The parmesan prices can’t be beat. We buy bags of lemons and limes. Bags of avocados. For our guests, we buy yogurt, grapes, clementines, and some individual servings of cheese. For laundry, the price of detergent is really low per load. Butter is a great deal. Do you eat croissants or English muffins? Done. The price for towels is great. I put washcloths [at $1/piece] for makeup removal in the guest rooms.

Other great prices… paper towels, soda if you do that, rotisserie chicken, the croissants are actually really good and at $.50 a piece they are a deal!

The pharmacy prices can’t be beat, but you don’t need to be a member to get those.

And if you have a car? The tires are an amazing deal at Costco, and then they just maintain them at no cost.

2 Likes

Hope she does :):)for her own good, and stop being such a princess

2 Likes

Really! What a total scream! How could anyone bring up the subject? All she had to do was make a bigger, fluffier wad of paper to compensate for the thin stuff.

3 Likes

If it isn’t too terribly long of a drive it’s worth it just for the ______. First of all you should know that if you get a membership and don’t like it, it’s refundable. I think it’s a pro-rated basis but very little risk. I buy all of my gasoline, dog food, dog beds,coffee, beer, TP, garbage bags, tissues, green tea, nuts, bread, bottle water, towels and more there. Anything Kirkland (their brand) is high quality for the price.

3 Likes

I’m tempted to buy a membership, but I’m afraid I’ll go nuts in there and buy too much. Do you ever think you’re over-buying?

2 Likes

I had one friend say she couldn’t be a member because she was overwhelmed. I guess it happens. I do sometimes overbuy but it’s so cost-effective that I don’t worry about it. For example, a giant container of organic spinach is $4. No, I can’t use it all before it goes bad but when I go to the supermarket and it’s $3 for a container 1/4 the size… the rest goes into the compost bin. Remember, it’s risk free. Buy a membership and if you don’t like it, get a refund. Their refund policy on everything is fantastic.

2 Likes

Oh no! Just stuff it into a plastic bag and put it in the freezer, then toss it in soup or an omelette.

Costco does have those good cooked chickens too.

2 Likes

We buy loads from Costco and freeze it… Spinach included. I would actually say YES it is worth it just for the TP and household paper/servitte (i’m blanking on the ‘American’ term) prices.

1 Like

napkin! lol

I live alone, but I know buying TP is a good deal. Other stuff too. This is gross to say, but after having lived in the middle east a few years I got used to not using TP–at home anyway–and then hosing off like they do in Saudi Arabia. It’s way cleaner. Europeans use a bidet, which I’d love.

1 Like

Paper Towels!!! That is the term!!

Yes! OMG I’ll bet you’re the paper towel Queen! Most women are. I never use them. I’ve got a couple rolls in case a guest wants one, but other than that I use cotton towels and cloths that I’ve crocheted.

1 Like

We are from Europe, mainly cotton or washable towels. Paper towels are a VERY American thing. Whenever I buy them in Spain or Sweden my relatives look at me like I have 3 heads.

1 Like