Private feedback re toilet paper

Exactly! :slight_smile:

People look at ME like I’m abnormal because I don’t immediately grab the paper towels to wipe up whatever. :slight_smile: …I can just hear that they’re thinking. “How cheap of him. How old fashioned and quaint…” :))))

3 Likes

I just bought a 2 pound bag of organic seasoned croutons. It will last on my salads through the year 2021. :laughing:

2 Likes

I put the kibosh on paper towels when my kids would wash their hands and grab a paper towel and throw it away! I just saw money going down the drain and stopped buying them!! I also don’t supply them for guests, and had only one guest comment that I should provide them.

Between the wine and tp it’s well worth joining!!! Actually besides all the other things everyone else has mentioned, they have great prices on electronics and kitchen appliances, etc. They usually have good quality items and they have an amazing return policy.

There is no question that “one’s” first trips to Costco can result in some overbuying. But, if you can settle yourself down, it is possible to shop there, buy amounts that actually work for you, and still save money (and repeated trips to other stores.) I generally take a list, but also look at the items they might have on a one-off. Those are truly great prices like the silk duvet we bought two winters ago.

2 Likes

I use costco toilet paper for the guest and `i use the 99 cent brand for myself! I love Costco.I call it the 700 club;you go in to buy 2 items and come out buying 700 worth of stuff.They are a fantastic company.They actually pay a living wage to their employees;they are the largest seller of organic produce in the United States.The demand is so great for organic produce at Costco that they will actually bankroll organic growers to build more greenhouses etc…so they can meet the demand. They also travel all over the world to find good deals and many of their products undergo rigorous testing for quality(toilet paper is one of them).And you can buy their ginormous pizza for ten bucks that feeds the whole family.

5 Likes

We have a Costco here even. But bulk buying doesn’t work so well with small London flats. Well, not unless you like looking at walls of TP.

I’ve been wanting to try their bakery section forever as the cakes look incredible.

For the original poster: :wink:

I once had a guest complain about toilet paper. I was using some stuff that a previous guest that had stayed for 3-4 weeks had left behind. It was horrible, terribly thin 1-ply. Not all 1-ply is bad, but this was horrible. I personally use and stock most of the time store brand plush & strong paper. Unless you’re super budget remember that people are on vacation and buy a step up from what you personally use, it really is just pennies more and it leaves a good impression.

Yes, or the jacket I bought just for dog walking but ended up wearing all the time because I ended up loving it so much!! I’ve learned not to impulse buy too many things, but it took a few trips.

Yeah, I need to do that when I bring it home, not after it becomes a fermented beverage. :wink:

2 Likes

Was the toilet paper feedback under the “what could be improved section”? If so…I would ignore it and not reply at all. Remember…Airbnb is making guests scratch their heads to come up with what could be improved. Some people feel the need to complete all sections and don’t want to leave it blank.

Now…if this was some other separate private feedback like she felt you needed to do something about this “problem” then you can decide whether you to provide an explanation. I am with @J_Wang though…just wad up some more if you find it too thin. - lol

4 Likes

As a person who camps alot in our trailer, the best test for disposability of TP is the water glass test. Just put two sheets of each kind of TP you are considering, and then stir for 30 seconds. The TP that is the most dissolved will be the best for your pipes/septic/holding tank. We use Scott single ply from WalMart for our trailer.

5 Likes