Praise be to Airbnb! - and no, this is not been said ironically!

I really feel it is time to say thank you to Airbnb. Regular forum members know I have had a couple of tricky guests lately.

I would like to say that Airbnb have been awesome and supportive in both situations.
So, a big thank you to their sensible customer service team who work in a job that none of us would ever want to.

5 Likes

I actually phoned Customer Service for the first time a couple of days ago and was surprised after all I’d heard here and elsewhere to get a very sensible and competent -seeming young woman who sorted things out for me straight away.

Do you think it’s possible to ask for the same CS rep by name if I have a problem again?

I am now asking for names the last one’s was Luv, she was very sweet. She did say she would follow up with a message with her name on it and she did. Generally they are lovely (pun intended), I think the issue hosts have is the lack of consistently in their answers rather than their attitude. They have a shocking job and I am impressed at how they keep their cool. Then there is also the fact that they make the final judgment on a situation (and that’s the way it has to be) and it’s not always in the hosts favour.

I am lucky that both my recent issues went in my favour. However, one of the guests did mention in the review that she was offered $100. So I presume that came out of Airbnb’s pocket as I didn’t know anything about it until I read about it in the review.

1 Like

You think that’s their real name?

I actually think it is! I think it’s their English name, I have a friend who works with two nurses from Asia called: Life and Lovely…

1 Like

She works at Frankston hospital.

1 Like

While not a telephone call, the first contact we had with CS was fairly decent via email.

We then got a message asking if we’d be happy for that person to deal with any future issues, to which we agreed.

Sure enough, next time we had a problem we got “our Tania” :slight_smile: She was the one who, when a guest wanted a bad review removed, came down on our side. Told the guest to do one, so to speak.

JF

1 Like

I’ve had good experiences four of the times I’ve needed assistance. One time was very frustrating because the CS rep couldn’t understand that I wasn’t cancelling a reservation, I was moving them to my larger condo, but it escalated appropriately and I was correctly assisted.

1 Like

We had something go amazingly well this summer with a guest that was very ill. Another guest was a doctor and she dropped everything after a 24 hour shift to attend to him. I called ABB CS to spread the good news, and the dude said “Wow, I really needed to hear that!” Tough job.

BTW the sick guest recovered, but the doctor was suspicious and urged him to follow it up.

When it works, it works beautifully.

2 Likes