Posted review , now when guests returned stolen money he asks to remove review. Should I?

Can I still edit? It was a week ago

Or this voleur bandito
IMG_3339

5 Likes

I think that the review was accurate at the time it was written. For example, if the review was written about your home saying the bed was not good, but you subsequently what another bed, you certainly wouldn’t expect them to change their review because the bed is now good. It’s not your responsibility to let everybody know the outcome, but is definitely your job to let other hosts know that the situation happened

5 Likes

You HAVE to leave the review. You might change it to say he returned the money, but you have to let people know the money was stolen during his visit.

Because whether he did it or not, it reflects on his lifestyle and the fact that he’s bringing people to Airbnb hosts’ homes who he barely knows. That’s always dangerous and it should be reflected in your review.

10 Likes

While this is probably the most valid argument, like I was saying way above – although I was being facetious then – it might be an option to ‘clarify’ this in @Yana’s public response to his public review of her - only if he’s written a review of Yana, of course.

The only counter-argument to that I’ll myself mention is that theft is a much more severe charge than a dirty bed or something else.

I agree 100% that it is the guests responsibility to hold his traveling partners accountable. Other hosts should be aware that this guy may be bringing strangers into their home.

4 Likes

You could add a sentence stating that guest returned money. To detail story he gave you re who took it is accepting his statement which may or may not be true. Either way, he wouldn’t get accepted by many hosts. Does he think you are going to remove any mention of the stolen money?

1 Like

I might offer to edit the review since it was big of the guy to return the money and apologize when he clearly could have gotten away with it. i don’t know, it is a tough one. Just edit the portion saying the money was stolen and not returned but that you would recommend taking the IDs of this guest and his companion upon check in due to some issues with security. Still sounds bad!!! :grimacing::rofl::rofl:

This guest really sank his own boat. What a total idiot. When you do mention it to Airbnb they might close his account anyway since I don’t believe they love the idea of guests thieving through private rooms looking for cash. Unreal.

1 Like

@cabinhost has solved the crime! This guest is getting off easy with your original review, just as you wrote it.

4 Likes

He can cancel the account and set up a new one.

I’m sorry your money was stolen and I’m glad you got it back.

It’s weird that the pair would need a place for one night regardless of whether they were boyfriends or one night stands. If one or both of them were traveling, wouldn’t they already have accommodations. If one or both of them lives locally, unless they were cheating on someone, they should be able to do the nasty in the comfort of their own home. It sounds to me like maybe they’re a team of thieves.

1 Like

That what I thought too/!i would be in state of shock if someone called me and blames me for theft. Atl least surprised . This guy was very calm and at first he was defensive but in a calm way and then said he doesn’t know anything about it.

3 Likes

They both local. I had locals before booking just for sex dates, that’s why I don’t like these 1 days stays and do it only if I have no reservations at all.
I doubt that they are team. Then why would he post his picture on his profile with his coworkers and company logo . I think that point only when I told him scares him
Enough .

1 Like

Yes that’s true. He did return the money but I don’t think he could get away with that easy since I would call his work.

It’s weird that his “one night stand” would be so well planed in advance, and he would offer, or even know, the full name of the other guy.

I’d leave the review, because one of two things are true:

1. Joshua is a thief, in which case, no host would ever want to host him.

2. Joshua is liar. He told you it was his BF, when it was really a one night stand who he barely knows. He obviously has poor judgement when picking bed partners. He exposed you and your home to this. No host would want to host this type of person, either.

7 Likes

@Yana when will we hear about the rest of your experience in Rwanda? I’m interested in the whole story. :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, leave the review. Raffles Junior will just have to suffer

1 Like

I did post the rest of it but in a same post. I just prolonged it.
But since then … the host gave me a review where he felt " blamed for my misfortunes". ( caused by him)
I knew he was going to say something like that, so I gave him a
Review not recommending him and even said that his girlfriend acted like an ass in a morning so we felt like intruders ( I did not say "ass":grinning:)
Funny how my review of us spending 3 hours in taxi tryin to find hiis place was right above review of another guest’s who said exactly the same .

Little things can make a huge difference in our guests experience . It doesn’t matter how clean the house is or the location or other physical attributes but if a host doesn’t care about well being of a guest’s, all of this wouldn’t matter. In this particular case Colin was super sweet guy, but he shouldn’t have tols me : everyone can find me with no problem … implying what? That we are exceptionally stupid or … exceptionally stupid?? And then he si not even reading his own reviews by guests, because when I showed him he acted surprised .

Then in a morning he did not even offer breakfast that was included with rent . I go to an empty kitchen, there is nothing there, no visible fruits or bread or eggs of coffee. And these 2 just sitting in a dining room clicking on their computers. I asked: should I make coffee ? He said he will make it. So he made coffee and again said nothing about breakfast. So what was I supposed to do , just start opening cabinets and fridge and look for food?:grinning:

As I’ve had guests who wake up anywhere from 4:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. I offer self-serve (not catered) breakfast. When I show guests the house I show them the shelf in the freezer where the muffins are stored, the shelves in the refrigerator where the milk, butter and yogurt are stored, the counter where the granola is stored and where the dishes, silverware and napkins are stored. Yes, I expect that guests will look in the refrigerator and cupboards for what they need.

He did not show me anything. He told
Me to read instruction on a piece of paper. It said: breakfast is fruits, bread, cereal and milk. Jerome makes awesome omlet. There was no sign of Jerom for another hour. even when they left Jerome was just passing by and I was not even sure it’s Jerom😀.
The kitchen is huge . There was no sign of cereal or fruits or bread. So I would had to open all the doors trying to find items.
I was not brought up like this: just go into someone’s house and start opening all doors and fridge. It would bedifferent if he said just that/ please don’t be shy of going ina fridge and help yourself with these items.