Pokémon Incense

Well, it was bound to happen. Has anyone else had trouble with guests dropping Pokémon incense and other such things at their rental and attracting visitors in search of these creatures?

1 Like

Hey, @felixcat! I don’t know much about the Pokemon craze - what is an ‘incense’?

Yes, it smells…

Also yesterday I rejected a guest. No pets allowed, I reported him trough the resolution center.
He wanted to take 20+ pokemons to his room. :angry:

4 Likes

Does a Pokemon count as a pet? And I thought they were imaginary magical creatures? Have there been some technological advances in genetics that I don’t know about?

Totally confused…had to Google it. Here @faheem this is what I found out: http://mashable.com/2016/07/15/lures-incense-pokemon-go/#N13rMw1ARaqJ

…and I’m still confused :laughing:

That is indeed confusing. The important question is - did you meet any Pokemon yourself, and if so, did you sing the theme song at them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a theme song? Back to Google…(I feel old).

1 Like

Indeed there is. It’s moderately catchy. I can’t believe you haven’t heard it.

Oh just rub it in why don’t you lol! Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0. Sounds like it’s straight out of the 80’s.

Yes, that’s the one I was thinking of. There might be others.

I think we are being trolled.

2 Likes

So, I decided to write this

2 Likes

Well, now I’m busy reading all kinds of things you have written! I also put your place on my wishlist.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

It’s a virtual item in the game that attracts the “creatures” in the game. So, people looking for the creatures may be drawn to your property area for a period of time as a result. In our case, I was on the way to the car and noticed several people standing on the sidewalk in front of our house with their phones out. One of them mentioned there was a rare creature spotted in the area.

@felixcat it would only attract other people if your house happened to be a ‘Pokestop’ and the guest added a lure. However, if a gust used inscense it would only attracts Pokemon for the guest to see.

Also, only the creators of the game add Pokestops so its not something that someone can just make at your house.

‘Rare’ Pokemon appear anwywhere and everywhere based on the player movements, gps, time, etc, so its not something that anyone can control

Trolls? In Pokemon? I have to get out and find one!

2 Likes

The responses in this thread have left me feeling more confused than ever. Then again, I don’t really care whether I understand the mysteries of Pokemon or not…

1 Like

I thought the insense only helps yourself?

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct. If you add a ‘lure’ to a PokeStop then you will be helping everyone in the vicinity of the PokeStop.

2 Likes