Please take the time to buy decent mattresses for your unit

I already have a waterproof cover on my current mattress. It’s a necessity, I would imagine, for any host to protect their mattresses from stains and bedbugs and such?

I have 3 of them that I use for guests, yes. In the winter months when I don’t rent out, I take that bedroom back and don’t use a waterproof mattress cover, just a regular one. I’ve actually never slept on the waterproof one. My concern is that it would cause it to be too warm. So I’m just wondering if that will then negate the coolness that T & N claim their mattresses offer.

Wouldn’t it be negated anyway by the time you get a mattress pad and fitted sheet on top of it?

Not sure how the T&N will work out but do know that my Simmons is over 10 years old and it maybe is a little worse for wear these days.

2 Likes

I know you mentioned the cleaning issue in another thread, but I think I’m missing something! Or maybe we are just use to foam mattress and tempurpedic mattresses, bc I did not understand the cleaning issue at all. We of course have a waterproof cover on all of our mattresses regardless of spring or foam, and I have never been told of any issues. We do get ‘too firm’ a lot on our Euro beds.

As a funny side note I had never thought about the number of mattresses we have spread across our properties until now, 14!!!

Going by your description, these are hosts who care and did the place up nice.
They probably are not fully aware of the mattress situation or how serious it is.
So mention it in the private feedback!

I chuffing love mine. I used to get a really sore back but had no problems since I got the memory foam mattress. And I don’t find it too hot despite sleeping next to DH, the human radiator. We’ve had ours for a few years and it’s still the same as it was new.

I don’t sink into mine that much, it’s quite firm. Maybe it varies from brand to brand.

I have experimented with mattresses over the years, and the absolute most successful ones, from a review perspective are the cheapo £100 memory foam ones I got from Amazon. I literally get rave reviews about my beds. They are quite firm, and people just love them. Pretty sure you can find them worldwide. But proper memory foam, not the yucky yellow stuff.

Did other reviews mention the matress at all?

Yes, one of the reviews mentioned the beds but there were only around 6 reviews at the time so I didn’t pay much attention to the complaint since I know not every bed pleases every person. : )

I have a nest mattress in the 2nd bedroom and so far, the guests have only said great things about the comfort. (I think it’s some kind of foam mattress as well, but it’s quite firm.)

1 Like

I spent 5000 $ to upgrade all the mattress in my villa with top of the line quality and it was the best investment so far

I now have guests mention how wonderful they slept and it helps them overlook the other flaws they might find

Hi would love to know more about the mattress offer and if still going. I read several threads about it that I cannot now locate!

We’ve removed them because they are expired.

So memory foam is ok?? We just got a memory foam and gave away our pillow top serta. The down top, feather under high end feather bed is on top of it. My back feels much better than before.

I don’t like memory foam at all. I don’t want to crawl out of a hole each time I want to move in my bed, which happens a lot.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Can’t turn over. Broil all night long. Wake irritated at all that work to turn over while hot.

2 Likes

Yup! Protective cover under the mattress pad on all my mattresses. Def. a must!

Buying a mattress can be such a headache - worse than a car. Check this out:

The War To Sell You A Mattress Is An Internet Nightmare

There are a couple review sites mentioned in that article above and here is another:

Sleep like the Dead

I got my Nest mattress for free (for the Airbnb room, not my personal bed) so I am biased. But…I slept on one several nights in an Airbnb and it was awesome. I have gotten many, many compliments on the Nest bed in the Airbnb room It’s not a cheap mattress as the mattress in a box business goes so I might not choose it for some situations. But the next time I buy a mattress for myself that’s what I’m buying.

@KKC - Do you recall which Nest Mattress you purchased? The website has models starting at $399 and going way up from there…

Nest Bedding® Alexander Signature Series® medium is what I have and also what I slept on a few nights. I’d love to sleep on the one in my airbnb but I’m booked up most the time.

1 Like

A few of us hosts here were lucky enough to be part of the Nest promotion (no, it I should not still going on) but if I recall correctly, the company suggested mattresses they thought would be best for guests. So I got the Alexander firm with topper. Guests LOVE this mattress and it has been called a rock star by our guests more than once.

There are advantages to joining host forums. Getting Free things is just one of them. :rofl: