Please comment on my new(ish) listing!

I think it looks great. But is it really that expensive where you are. You must be raking it in. Haha

Thanks @Garden1Gnome. I’ve never had a problem with guests who think our place serves breakfast - so didn’t really think about that. I will take your suggestion and revise with empty plates without food. My partner was bitching about having to make sandwiches for the photoshoot anyway :slight_smile:
Maybe I will add a hat, novel, beach bag, sleeping dog, etc

2 Likes

@Maggieroni
"If asked, please say that you are a personal friend of the owner."
We are operating within the law in Japan - there is no prohibition against home rentals. That said, some people just don’t like foreigners in their neighborhood and regard them as suspicious, and some others think that airbnb is illegal because of negative stories spread by the hotel industry. This is just for the guests’ comfort and safety.
But you are right that it may scare off some people. I’ll take it out from the description.

1 Like

Raking it in? I wish!

My two cents on your question about the dining table…I don’t know about a lower table but perhaps a more compact size might work better with the scale of the room. Having a glass top helps in that the eye looks through it so it doesn’t interfere with the visual field but on the other hand, those sharp corners extending into the room…

If the majority of your guests are only two people, a more compact set would free up a little more space. It’s hard to tell whether there might be a better placement because the other side of the room isn’t visible but your place looks great.

1 Like

Have a look at the tips in this topic:
Start filtering photo’s out and make sure the front page shows the 5 most important ones.

4 out of 5 showing in the listig are of the private garden, make sure you show the other features too.

1 Like

ONLY $170 USD a night? That is cheap cheap cheap for anyplace in Japan.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice everyone! Reshot photos this weekend incorporating your suggestions. The Airbnb photographer was also here.

It’s looks fantastic. Great use of the garden space.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful ~ it truly is a gem of a place.
You really lucked out with the photographer who has an especially artful eye.

1 Like

Thanks @SandyToes and @Yvonne_Colgan.
The photos up are our own, this time mostly with a proper camera. Choosing 45 from 450 shots not an easy task lol. Airbnb photographer’s pics will probably show up within a few weeks.

Did the Airbnb photographer do the staging, or did you do it? Anyway, it looks great.

Looks great
I’d remove this >" -Please take care of the apartment as you would with your own home."
It’s not necessary and you don’t know how they take care of their own home so you could be asking for a mess!
Chris gave me good advice and pointed out this which I hadn’t noticed before:

Update: Airbnb uploaded their photos this morning - 48 hour turnaround. I’m impressed!
The Airbnb new photos look very professional, but they have a different feel compared to our own photos. which ones do you like better?

@Garden1Gnome we did our own staging!
@Australia Done!

You’re going to hate me…but I prefer yours!
They are warmer. That’s what I also noticed with the Air pro shots, everything is the same light bright white colour.
Ultimately I chose theirs, but I reckon most of yours are better. (you staged it really well)

1 Like

We just had a lady book then message me: “can we get curtains in the living room”?
Good point! LOL

1 Like

Looks great! Now I’d like to visit Japan even more! I like the house rules separated into Please Do and Please Don’ts. I may borrow that if you don’t mind!

1 Like

I would suggest that you edit the pictures, there are repeats of some of the same views. Plus some of the pics are out of focus and there are better ones in the sequence that are not out of focus.

Mike
"https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887"

1 Like

@Paul_Janaway japan is suuuuuuper expensive. It actually is quite a reasonable price compared to what we had to pay for the tiny mini-sized hotel room we paid for in shinjuku 10 years ago.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
we are a bit worried about our search ranking for October dates.
Can you please take a moment to look at this page;

what ranking is our listing at for mid- October and 4 persons? Do you see us at all?