Plans in light of vaccine distribution

I’ve made a list of the huge deductions from my price that determine my net. I’m working at Airbnb hosting for so little money, it is crazy. I do love it, and as we are so isolated, it is great to have appreciative people here who come specifically to experience our world up here on the mountain. If I go back to hosting, it will take helpers to restart. I’m feeling my age and all those accidents of living that have contributed to my aches and pains. I do miss the warm fuzzies of hosting - no matter what we are selling, we are selling service - even as I enjoy the time off. The spiders are taking over, of course!

1 Like

Funny, I just read this when I was taking a break from a rare bout of high dusting after the cobwebs became pretty obvious. Everything you say rings true here.

1 Like

I think that the roll out of the vaccine is going very differently from state to state. Our state has a strong plan but like others we are dependent on when the various batches arrive.

1 Like

Web designer housemates!

1 Like

My 87 yr old dad received his 2nd dose of the vaccine 3 days ago. Other than a headache & mild muscle pain, it went well.

There has been much anxiety over allergic reactions. The Covid19 vaccine has a very low incidence of allergic reactions & side effects.

Every year people report reactions to the traditional flu vaccine but we keep moving forward.

When my group is allowed, sign me up!

4 Likes

Can’t wait! Hoping over 65 eligibility will open in within a few weeks. My 75 year old husband got his first one. Hearing a few reports of fatigue, headache and low fever for up to 36 hours after the second shot. That sure beats battling COVID! It also means that the immune system is working.

4 Likes

My husband and I are in the last grouping to be vaccinated. Not quite old enough, no underlying conditions, and not essential workers. He has been working at home since March. I have been unemployed, but not eligible for Unemployment due to being a seasonal self-employed independent contractor. My “season” begins in April and ends in November. At the current roll-out we will be lucky to get vaccinated by the end of the summer but if they ramp up supply and delivery perhaps sooner.My seasonal work will probably not resume until April of 2022.

We are taking a “wait and see” on reopening our in-home room to regular Airbnb guests after our traveling medical worker leaves.

3 Likes

Can’t post a link so here are a couple excerpts from today’s article in the New York
Times

The article also mentioned studies in Israel indicated the current vaccine may help.

Summary: Covid19 variant 30% more contagious; 35% more deadly

I thought you were in healthcare? I was already offered the vaccine because of my healthcare license, did they not do that in your state?

I am a RN. To get the vaccine you must work in a healthcare setting. I am a laid-off technology (Informaticist) consultant. In my area it isn’t the licensure-it is workplace that determines eligibility

4 Likes

That’s why I asked. Every place is doing it so differently, it’s so strange. I haven’t worked in the field in 2 years, but got a vaccine invitation merely because I have a license that I’ve kept renewed - they tracked me down from it.

1 Like

Turns out I shot myself in the foot by taking my hubby in as early as possible. This week Massachusetts announced that someone accompanying an over 75 person to a mass vaccinations site could also get a shot. If we had waited a week, we would both have our shots now. Hoping I can get my first when hubby gets his second in March. Just over the state border in Connecticut, they are doing the over 65 population now.

2 Likes

Fortunately, the Biden administration is working hard to get more shots available. I’m in CT and we notice the difference. Note also that he is not golfing 24/7…

4 Likes

And no orange face either. Coincidence?

4 Likes

Add to that if appointment close to end of day, they need to use up the opened vials. Neighbor A accompanied Neighbor B at end of day, they offered her vaccine too to finish vial. Then they scheduled the 2nd vaccination.

4 Likes

Unfortunately not in Arizona. My 93 yo mom finally got an appointment and my 67 yo sister who is her caretaker went with her and they would not give her a shot. My mom did not even get a sore arm. We were all relieved

It is unfortunate that the states don’t have the same rules. However, there is probably a difference in the amount of vaccine allotted to states related to a many complex factors.

2 Likes

For those receiving the vaccine, here’s something to make you smile, maybe:

This happened yesterday and is important information.

My Dad who is 85 years old had his 2nd dose of the vaccine at the vaccination centre, after which he began to have shaky and blurred vision on the way home.

When he got home, he called the vaccination centre for advice and to ask if he should go to see a doctor, or be hospitalised.

He was asked to go back to the vaccination centre immediately as he had left his glasses behind.

JF

15 Likes

Hilarious. My 90 year old stepmom got the vaccine in England back in Dec. She said she had no reaction whatsoever.

I’m battling my THIRD instance of Covid and even with comorbities can’t get the vaccine in FL under 65 unless in health care field.

Early Feb 2020 (3 sets of Vancouverites when it was a hot spot before we understood what that meant)

July 26th 2020 living like a monk, only shopping for food, only ate in at 1 restaurant. Sick for 3+ months

February 6th - thought it was early FL allergies (everyone was suffering), turned out to be Covid. Again. Only at indoors at same restaurant where everyone and I mean every one of the staff did NOT cover their noses with their masks. Infuriating.

Three instances, three different reactions. So sick of this crap.