Planning the Perfect AirBnB Appartement 🏗

@momovich We had this exact problem! So we installed a kick down door stop, like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gatehouse-2-in-x-4-in-Entry-Door-Kick-down-Stop/1000390565

It will hold the door open until they are done loading in/out. I even included it in the pictures in the app’s check-in instructions. However, I usually meet my guests and I show it to them and it gives me a natural intro into showing them how the doors work and I get to mention the issue of it shutting with the bolt extended. It hasn’t been a problem any longer.

1 Like

@JJD that is definitely an option I hadn’t considered. I was thinking of trying to put a hydraulic arm on the door to make it close more softly, but then I thought it might not close fully enough to engage the lock. I think I will get one of these. I am a little concerned about people leaving the door open for too long because we have an issue with mosquitoes, here, but we can always try it out. Thanks very much.

2 Likes

I have a Schlage smart lock, mine has a lock on the interior side of the door that keeps the Smart Lock unlocked when people are loading/unloading… then they have to turn the interior knob again to set it to automatically lock again.