Payout problems for Australia

I can confirm that I have now received a payment that was generated by a guest booking AFTER the problems started. So now I know my new payment details are working, I can delete all the old payout methods that are still shown as in error.

I’ve been paid! 13 days after my last payment.

This has highlighted how vulnerable we all are.

Will we receive any compensation?

I lost money on interest alone and they must have made a fortune on the interest on all that money.

I think that the 3 cents is the only compensation you’re likely to get Poppy :-/

1 Like

What interest rate are you getting ?

I have a bit of a complicated set up and move money around to where I can get the best return. I just make sure I have enough on call for the monthly payday to my owners, which just happens to be today, the 15th. So the money came in on time and in hindsight I didn’t have to scare the living daylights out of the owners this month!

Seems Europe is having these problems now.

I keep getting invalid bank account mails.
Updating payment Method works for 1 payment, next payment gets blocked again.

It took around 2 weeks in Australia to get it sorted.

1 Like

Airbnb handled it very, very poorly in Australia. It was very disappointing that they didn’t give us any information before, during and after. I expected more from them. We are marked on communication but they didn’t consider that they should communicate with us. The most I received was “it has been delayed”, and it was for about 2 weeks.

On the grapevine I heard that it was related to the Australian government trying to get large internet based businesses like Google, Amazon, Apple, Airbnb etc to pay appropriate taxes and their system didn’t manage the change over to accommodate this.

However, I am not aware that there has been any announcement from Air about what the issue was. It’s appears that they decided that as the issue was fixed and we eventually received our payments we didn’t deserve an explanation. It certainly highlighter what a vulnerable position we are in, combined with their lack of transparency, big business approach. I felt let down by their lack of communication.

Well, we have now gotten to the point that I will be refusing guests.

Guests arriving will have to pay cash and cancel their AirBnB booking.

I feel sorry for the guests but, I cannot go bankrupt because of a glitch in the AirBNB system.

Let us know if Airbnb responds in any way. It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on your account, i.e., them punishing you for canceling/taking cash even though they are the ones at fault.

If it plays out the same way as in Australia you will get your money Chris - just a couple of weeks later than usual.

Even though AirBnB are the ones that broke the rules, if you do what you say, it is unlikely that you will come out on the winning side if you wish to continue with AirBnB. In my view.

1 Like

As Always AirBnB is still completely oblivious about the cause of the problem.
They keep blaming our bank.

So last week we contacted our bank and asked them it they knew what was wrong. And they did…

So apparently AirBnB’s UK’s bank fucked up. Our bank has changed some settings, and notified all banks worldwide about the upcoming change several times over the last 12 months.
Apparently the bank AirBnBUK is using slept trough the whole thing, and did not release the updated settings.

Now one of the bankmanagers of our bank gave them a wakeup call, hopefully the problem will be solved within a few days.

1 Like