Only in (my location) jokes: Share yours!

This has to be a joke based on something or some location in your area, possibly as a way to caution visitors.

How not to find a porcupine:

I’m looking forward to your very local jokes!

7 Likes

If you go out in the bush today…

2 Likes

The tourist from wherever who under estimates the potency of an aged Oloroso. A familiar sight, usually around Feria time.

dr

Sherry? Yeah mate, I can drink pints of that stuff…

JF

4 Likes

image Spcialized soap for guests who go on my (pre-Covid) tours of a closed down nuclear reactor.

5 Likes

Congratulations, I doubt any will out gross you with that one Deb.

JF

2 Likes

Review:

It was a lovely stay, unfortunately, my undeclared pet seems to be missing without a trace.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Arizona Driving Gloves:

Arizona Welcomes Trump:

16 Likes

New England’s cult-like faithfulness to dunkin donuts coffee. The worst coffee evah. Evah. Evah. And the way people to talk to ya. What are you looking at?

neweng2

5 Likes

“sugar, I’ll give you sugar” 3 inches at the bottom of the cup. Dunkin style.

4 Likes

Chico’s Tacos, like Dunkin Donuts, has a rabid fan base.

8 Likes

Chatsworth has a well earned and old rep for adult filmed entertainment… I’d add a photo, but might get grossed out. I sometimes see the “types” around town…

1 Like

This is particularly fun @NordlingHouse. Thank you for creating it.

4 Likes

Well, I got a good laugh from the photo, and have spent time helping friends cut the ends off quills in dog’s noses (when the quills are inside the mouth they have to go get zonked at the vet to pull them).

Usually it’s dogs that poke their noses in holes…

Emergency rooms in more crowded parts of Alaska have fish hook and lure collections on the lobby walls, all removed from patients.

I realized wasn’t likely to happen elsewhere, and that everyone must have strange things that happen only in their town. I hope that more will participate!

Gotta really weird athletic event, or an unusual festival? How would you tout it in your listing?

1 Like

Neighbourhood watch in Australia

2 Likes

We have a famous rock climbing area called Stoney Point. There is an article about it on my Houfy page.
“World renowned climbers Royal Robbins, Yvon Chouinard, Bob Kamps, Ron Kauk, John Long and John Bachar all climbed and trained at Stoney point. 50 years ago, Robbins and Chouinard ruled the place. On weekends, newbies and veterans alike take part in the same addiction. Newcomer or non-local enthusiasts are always welcomed. A great local hike is to circumnavigate the bulgy outcropping while watching all the climbers!”stoney pt

Which is it? Bite or squeeze?

1 Like

That one on the fence is a python, bastard keeps pinching eggs and swallowing chickens!

So lucky that didn’t hit his eyes

Needless to say, (pre-covid) we mostly get people coming for conferences/conventions. I help them get into the correct Silicon Valley frame of mind.

3 Likes