Ok so, I finally upgraded our Wifi

I have been meaning to do this for a while. The old one still worked but I wanted a stronger signal, more speed and range. It is ironic that most of my life was in IT, but I have been running older stuff at home.

In case anyone is thinking about upgrading their wifi also, this is a good choice and cost effective. This is not an affiliate link and I do not make a penny off it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXL1AR8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This supports all wifi standards (b,g,n,ac), and dual 2.4 and 5 Gh networks.

A big plus for some - it is super easy to configure a true GUEST network. Guests can use the Internet but your wifi is private. It also allows bandwidth controls, so a guest can’t use the entire connection - or use more bandwidth than you wish. This can be pretty useful for some countries, where bandwidth is expensive and/or limited.

4 Likes

Now that I have your WPA Pre-Shared Key, I’m going setup shop close by and use your guest WiFi for nefarious activities. :upside_down_face:

Just curious if you avoided WiFi6 (802.11ax) on purpose?

Don’t be shy - come on in and have a cup of coffee … oh and those are default keys :slight_smile:

For us 802.11ac is “plenty fast enough with lots of room to grow”. Our internet is currently 50 Mb. We actually get 60 Mb (up and down). The new router can handle 100 and 300 Mb so we are set.

The difference is really striking. It isn’t just the bandwidth. Response time is exceptional.
Range is vastly improved.

At just over $60, it is a very good deal. Asus is a great company. Always been happy with them. I will never buy TP-Link ever again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: