Offtopic: Can you review my website?

They are optimizing it on Edge so you quit using Chrome? I’m going to go look on my Windows 10 computer and see how it looks.

It looks fine on my laptop using Chrome. @jaquo it’s Saturday night, late summer. How many :wine_glass: :tropical_drink: in are you?

Believe it or not, no booze at all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, there is supposedly no real standard on bed sizes (they differ all over the place), but for me …
1.50 x 2.10 is a Queen not a King
1.80 x 2.10 is …well barely a King and certainly not a Super King

But yes I see where you are you getting your King’s from …

Yeah. Perhaps, to avoid disappointment, I should just put the measurements instead of the names and the number of guests. What do you think?

You are in the UK so use UK bed sizes.

In the UK a queen is a monarch, a top bee or a gay man, not a bed.

Are there photos of the kitchen? I notice there is a gas hob. This presents an insurance issue in the UK and gas hobs are not often used in rentals. Worth checking and perhaps considering an induction hob. I am not sure high end gives complete immunity from clueless guests or tenants.

You have put the measurements so no disappointment necessary. As UK standard sizes are traditional they are often expressed in feet and inches. This might appeal to American guests as they still use imperial measurements. I don’t a see lot of American tourists though, they get such short holidays, I don’t know about you.

Holy Moly! That doesn’t look right AT ALL!

It looks like the style sheet didn’t load! :’(

I wonder why that’s happening to you!

Does this happen for anyone else? Anyone???

The enquiry “bot” is now working. Would be great if you could also give that a whirl!

This! And for Pete’s sake if the toilet is in the photo make sure the lid is closed.

No, sorry, I missed that.

1. I’ve given the toilets their own section for anyone who doesn’t flick through the bedroom photos. This has also let me provide photos of the non-ensuite bathrooms.

2. For bed sizes, I put the dimensions first and then “King - UK” in brackets. Although I am in England, I should account for people who have different definitions in other countries.

Now I need to figure out a way of making viewers realise there are more photos with each bedroom.

Not to be overly picky and perhaps I stray too much, but Bedroom 4 … the sofa bed is really sub-par to the rest of your high-end place.

Short of throwing it out, do show photos of it made up.

Bedroom 5 also has little going for it.

Both appear to be rather small and to be more of an afterthought …

I’m hoping to replace it with an actual bed in the next week or two.

Yeah! Airbnb Plus are kicking up a fuss because it doesn’t have a hanging rail.

Pretty much. Space is limited! :slight_smile:

Now that we’ve moved from reviewing the website to critiquing the actual listing…

(I was holding back, trying to just answer the question as so many complain that we don’t do)

I’d get rid of the single bed and make that an office. It looks like that’s what it used to be given the array of receptacles along the wall? If you are going to try to attract corporate bookings a small office with a printer would be appealing. I much prefer that than having my work stuff cluttering the lovely second dining area and out where people can see it.

I agree that the sofabed is shabby looking compared to the rest of the space. I don’t know that a sofa bed per se is a problem, it’s that one with grandma’s sofa cover on it.

Also the bedroom numbering is confusing me. More than one is labeled Bedroom 2? Is that by floor or what? I name the 1,2,3,4 regardless of floor.

Is there a way to put captions on the photos or under the photos?

To put it bluntly: if your review writer will be the one getting stuck with either one of those two rooms and :laughing: with the bill …they’ll be wondering why …

Too late for upcoming winter, but that outdoor space would be absolutely lovely to have with a nice outdoor seating area and/or a table you can actually use to put 2 plates on. I mean …who has that in London?

On the web design: I would try to put the Bedroom section before the Bathroom section

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

As much as I hate it and as much as my 14 year old daughter loves it, having 5 bedrooms does help to justify a higher price. I’m always open to everything. So, whenever I have any corporate bookings, I’ll be sure to ask them what changes they wished the house had and if I see a recurring theme of smaller quantity bookings who wished it could be an office, I’ll go for it.

I wasn’t there for the photo shoot and my mum managed to throw it on. A sofa bed is fine when it is an actual sofa most of the time. But a sofa bed in a bedroom??? In any case, it’s going! :slight_smile:

Sorry about that! My bad! I just updated the code and my copy/paste got out of hand. I’ve fixed it now.

There’s definitely a way to do it on the slideshows that pop up. Not sure about the default state. Will look into it.

Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t like the first photo of bedroom 5, the one where the bed is cut off. Looks very amateur. It does show the array of outlets, but if using as a bedroom (and a single bed so probably a kid or something) then outlets don’t matter. Why is there only one photo of br 4? Captions would definitely be helpful.