Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

No last name, no reviews!

Do I trust someone that’s asking to stay for two months to look for a place to buy while he just got a job in the shady part of town.

This depends on your regulations.

For me, this is a hard NO because of no security deposit and no background/credit check but still be subject to landlord/tenant laws.

Ask him why he’s using Airbnb. The site isn’t really a suitable vehicle for long term rentals and can be more expensive than other sources. Is he trying to avoid a background check? Paying first, last and security? A credit check?

2 Likes

Agree with @jaquo – this is no place for a two month rental. Is this an Inquiry or a Request to Book. If it’s an Inquiry, tell him you don’t do more than two week rentals, period. If it’s a Request to Book, then I would Decline with “not comfortable…” for my reason.

2 Likes

Then do not accept the reservation. 2 months is about 7 weeks too long for me!

I would change your settings so this does not come up again. Max days… I think mine is set at 10

RR

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!