New Host Intro AND asking for advice

@Izzy_MB Kona is one of the first Airbnb hosts, earliest members of this board and a senior admin.

1 Like

You should be out doing press-ups or something, I think. :wink:

No point, I just read your credentials, Iā€™m super impressed.

On second thought, Iā€™m not super impressed, Iā€™m crazy impressed. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve done interviews for different media outlets over the years since you are an Air veteran. Iā€™m always on the lookout for those who know more than me. Would you be open to doing a podcast interview sometime later in the year?

With LOADS of pertinent advice for hosts. Learn from her.

1 Like

Jaquo, m trying! Iā€™m good with sales and marketing, now Iā€™m seeking out those who have lived the Airbnb Lifestyle.

Thatā€™s also the name of my podcast.

1 Like

What do you mean by the Airbnb Lifestyle? Iā€™ve been doing Airbnb v successfully for 4 years. My way of doing things is not the same for every host. There is no one-size-fits-all. Thatā€™s the secret, you need to find what works for YOU. It being a lifestyle and all. It takes a bit of time to find out what youā€™re comfortable with and what youā€™re not. Kona is proper hard-core, whereas Iā€™m pretty laid-back and can take pretty much anything because ā€¦well, just because. There are some ground rules (say no and mean it: donā€™t put precious things within guestsā€™ reach; expect linens to be stained and donā€™t whine about it, learn how to clean effectively etc etc) but ultimately you need to find your own comfort zone and, most importantly, ALWAYS BE IN CHARGE even if youā€™re pretending!!

Well I donā€™t think Iā€™m that proper hard core. Just firm on things that Iā€™ve learned the hard way. I try not to allow guests to take advantage of me. Iā€™m not always successful though.

Hooah!! I like it!! I found this thing called Airbnb to be so wonderful and iz just haza shares it!!

I follow you, The Airbnb Lifestyle is so different and personal to everyone. Everyone will have a different experience based on a never ending list of variables, but thereā€™s still things that one must be, know and do in order to make it work on the host side.

I try to meet every guest personally, offer them a sincere and glowing smile, tell them thank you for staying with me. Just let them know that peace abounds in the Airbnb. My apt is full of paintings of flowers, sculptures, religious items, spiritual goodies and calm, peaceful, relaxing love. Airbnb has brought interesting people into my life and Iā€™m truly happy being able to be a part of this revolution. I guess you could say the podcast will be about practical advice with a helping of spiritual knowledge and common wisdom. I guess Iā€™m trying to help people understand ā€œThe AirBnb Lifestyleā€.

Practical steps with the right attitude = success and harmony.

Iā€™m trying to not be sick.

8 Likes

Izzy,

Players play the game and haters hate the game. I commend you on your podcast. Besides you donā€™t have to be the expert on this topic. You can provide the catalyst and the forum to interview those who ā€œknowā€ and provide the information to those who donā€™t.

Iā€™m sure CatskillsGrrl is simply curious as to how you will do this.

Keep us posted on the launch!

Best of luck to you!

Hey Aaron,

Welcome to Hosting.

Great listing by the way, and next time my wife and I are up that way we will look you up.

Question:? Are you using Smart Pricing feature on your listing? I ask only because $100/night may be a bit high for the accommodations you offer. Not saying it is sub-par but you have to remember the almighty ā€œperceptionā€ and ā€œexpectation.ā€

If guests are accustomed to getting non-glamping spaces for the same price or slightly higher, they may opt for that instead. Try finding similar listings and pricing yourself 5% less to start the ball rolling and get some reviews. You can raise the price later as you have total control over every aspect of your listing.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask me anything and Iā€™ll do my best to answer based on experience.

Best to you.

Bret
Ready Host

Thanks Ready! I never thought of it that way.

1 Like