New host bump question

So if a new host uses a co host with a lot of reviews does the listing still get the new host bump? Or would it be better for the new host not to use co host at first?

RRR

I believe it’s the listing that gets the bump, not the host.

We have 3 total and each time I released a new one, it got the bump.

2 Likes

That I didn’t realize! So if I add a new listing, and I already have three listings, all four would get the bump?

1 Like

I would always recommend to a new host that they set the listing up under their profile., and then add the co-host. @RiverRock

This is because they get to control the listing and as importantly if they decide to take the listing back under their control they keep all the reviews, rather then them staying with the co-hosts profile.

Are you looking to co-host?

1 Like

Right. If I recall correctly, the term Airbnb uses is listing admin. That account owns the reviews. That account also controls where payouts go.

I don’t think so, which means it’s actually a new listing bump.

4 Likes

Wot she said, as far as I’m aware.

JF

2 Likes

I am opening a new listing and thinking I would have my spouse list it to get the new host bump and I co host to add the reviews I have added new listings to my account and I did not think they got a bump. No way to be sure though.

RR

If its the new listing and not the host that gets bumped a host could duplicate a listing and get bumped… Hmm

RR

1 Like

I do think it’s a new listing bump, not host. We got it when our second apartment was listed, three weeks after the first.

JF

1 Like

Just the new one. 20202

1 Like