Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

New cleaning protocol going mandatory!

I got my only 3-star review after using a plug-in. The funny thing was the guest thought the smell was coming from potpourri, which I do have, but it’s at least 20 years old and no longer has a smell.

1 Like

You don’t really have potpourri that’s 20 years old?

Nowhere in the protocol does it say that you have to have a dishwasher.

I know a lot of hosts are afraid this will just give guests easy reasons to complain and demand refunds, but scammy guests who try to get refunds for non-issues have always been around. They could always claim that the place was dirty because they found some dust somewhere, or make up a false bedbug claim, or bring a dead cockroach in a baggie, put it on the bed and take a photo.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think the protocol will lead to more bogus refund claims.

Guests are either that type, in which case they’ll make up some issue no matter what, or they aren’t.

1 Like

You are correct, thank you, but I thought it did in its first version. Anyway I figured it would be difficult (time-consuming=expensive) for me to ask the cleaner to wash all the crockery, cutlery and utensils that I provide, for 6 or 7, by hand. I decided buying a dishwasher would be cheaper although tricky to find a space in the small kitchen for it.

I think there will be some. Hopefully not a lot.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!