New (?) Cancellation -- paid an additional day, PLUS 1 more night (see details below...varies)

All, I was checking the cancellation policy wording today, saw something I thought was new, and then searched this forum. I didn’t see any discussion on this, and maybe I missed it, but is everyone aware of these? I had no idea until today that my flexible policy had more meat in it in my favor…(don’t say Airbnb will ask me to waive it, I know that.)

Flexible

• Guests can cancel until 24 hours before check-in for a full refund, and you won’t be paid
  • If they cancel after that, you’ll be paid for each night they stay, plus 1 additional night

Moderate

• Guests can cancel until 5 days before check-in for a full refund, and you won’t be paid
  • If they cancel after that, you’ll be paid for each night they stay, plus 1 additional night, plus 50% for all unspent nights

Firm

• To receive a full refund, guests must cancel at least 30 days before check-in
  • If they cancel between 7 and 30 days before check-in, you’ll be paid 50% for all nights

Strict

• To receive a full refund, guests must cancel within 48 hours of booking, and the cancellation must occur at least 14 days before check-in
  • If they cancel between 7 and 14 days before check-in, you’ll be paid 50% for all nights
  • If they cancel after that, you’ll be paid 100% for all nights

Long term

This policy applies to all stays of 28 days or longer and overrides your standard cancellation policy for those stays.

• To receive a full refund, guests must cancel within 48 hours of booking, and the cancellation must occur at least 28 days before check-in
  • If a guest cancels after that, you’ll be paid 100% for all nights spent, plus 30 additional nights
  • If fewer than 30 days remain on the reservation when the guest cancels, you’ll be paid 100% for all of those remaining nights

Non-refundable option

Some Hosts earn more money by adding a non-refundable option to their listings.

Super Strict 30 days

This policy is invitation-only and available only to certain Hosts under special circumstances.

• Guests must cancel at least 30 days before check-in to receive a 50% refund for all nights

Super Strict 60 days

This policy is invitation-only for certain Hosts under special circumstances.

• Guests must cancel at least 60 days before check-in to receive a 50% refund for all nights

Special cases (go to link to read the rest)

As far as I’m aware, the policies have always, or at least for years, read like that. I have a moderate policy, and it has always worked as stated above.

Oh, okay. I thought we got paid only for the first night with a flexible policy. Been too long since I checked. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, I don’t see any real change. Maybe just a change to the wording to make it clear that guest pay for one additional day.

BTW, by default, Airbnb does not refund the service fee for the entire stay. That’s fair, right?

LOL…yeah, the logic is faulty on that.