Needier guests in 2020?

As I mentioned above I decided to block off the days the guy wanted with flexible check in. I didn’t hear back from him, he didn’t even bother with the courtesy of a reply. Meanwhile I got four other bookings for other days this month. 3 of 4 have pets and are paying pet fees and now I have a cleaning fee and overall my price average for this month is 25% higher than pre-pandemic. I’d rather have fewer guests and same income.

3 Likes

Definitely. One lady wanted to stay for a month “convalescing”.

Triple Likity

I thought I was the only one who did the Foot tap tap tappity tap Nope Nope Nopity Nope :wink:

3 Likes

The number of ‘special requests’ we’ve had this year has been astonishing! I love to cater to guests needs but they’re definitely taking advantage. Im scared to say no and receive a bad review.

1 Like

I’ll add this to the library of needier inquiries, and fortunately not a guest.

1. Shade by a pool? Said no one ever (until this inquiry)
  2. I’m not sure if he was looking for a discount to offset paying for a 3 day stay, when staying for 2 days , OR if he was actually looking to stay for 3 days and needed a discount to meet his budget.

Discount requests are my red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

7 Likes

Definitely getting the early arrival requests but I get the feeling that guests are really trying hard to get more bang for their buck. Recent guest took at least 3 rolls of toilet paper. Puzzling. Short visit so no way they used it all.

1 Like

Unless you found the cardboard roller in the trash they took it. It’s annoying and I only leave one roll, no extra. I can do that because I live right here and if they want more I can give it to them. I used to leave extra until the pandemic hit. Now I have to make sure there’s not another shortage so I’m stingier.

It almost makes you want to say something in the private message part.

2 Likes

I still scratch my head at that whole TP shortage in March / April. WTF?

I’ve not really encountered guests who took more than needed, at least within a reasonable range.

My guess is the difference between your guests and mine, are that yours are driving through while my guests typically are flying in / out.

When there were shortages, I feared it may lead to abuse so I added a line (since removed) in my Covid preparation note asking that guests be considerate of TP usage to ensure there would be enough for subsequent guests.

3 Likes

This is true. Most of my guests drive from 2 to 3 hours away. This is the first time anyone ran off with the toilet paper, though. Guess I will have to leave less out. Sheez!

1 Like

I was considering that but they inadvertantly left behind a whole box of very expensive, very yummy high protein snacks and they were ideal guests in all other ways so I opted not too.

3 Likes

LOL. Good trade. Maybe they were genuinely in need of the TP.

In any case, at $1 or less per roll, it’s not hard to raise the price a little and let everyone pay for the thieves.

2 Likes