Need help with response for a review

My personal view has always been not to respond, in part because it comes across as controlling.

All your responses were fine, fritmdly and complimentary and grateful, but when I read them I thought a. The response is not relevant or needed for the general public, it’s more a private response if anything so it comes across as faux, a bit helicopter monitoring of reviews or too personal plus

b. I found it distracting. I was more focused on your response (that added nothing to the great reviews) and as such it diverted my attention from the content of the great reviews (that you would want me to focus on).

My 2 cents

1 Like

Good point! I agree it’s probably distracting and people don’t want to hear what I have to say…they can read the listing for that!

Natalie, I do like the response that you sent over. If you had not done it, I would have suggested something similar. Since you get the last word in response to the review you can be professional without making excuses but calling out the fact they never even reached out or communicated. I have had a few guests in the past that have complained but have not communicated once. I don’t often get complaints but there’s one in every crowd. All you can do is your best and you can never control these kinds of people. I commend you for standing up for yourself and being professional! Keep trudging! Most people that rent (in my opinion) are inherently good.
it sounds like she responded through the email. That doesn’t matter. Ignore that portion. Your public response is perfect. Good luck.