Need help with response for a review

I just got this back. Surprising how quick she is to reply now.

We had arranged to stay for four days. We were not in a position to notify you to clean the kitchen, porch area, purchase a mattress, couch. Clean food out of the cabinets and fridge. Basics to make a place comfortable.
Today at 10:01 PM•Sent from a mobile device

I give in. Whatever. It was a reasonable message on my part. Better suited to a hotel.

I should know better, you guys. But this just shook me right to the core.

I’ll learn…

1 Like

Psh. I’ll just let it stand. I don’t care. If someone wants to ask me about it, fine. Purchase a new mattress? I should let Nest know about that!

Also, the back porch and yard is off limits to guests, but whatever. And the fridge is spotless, save the condiments in the door, which I point out are there so you don’t have to go buy another damn bottle of mustard.

I’m just going to go to bed.

2 Likes

Don’t Respond. Let it go. Like kidney stones, this too shall pss. But if you feel you must review, then use the wording that @konacoconutz suggested in her first response.

The mistake you made was not reviewing the guest. Why? Every guest, good, bad or average deserves to be reviewed.

2 Likes

I know. I just reviewed the last two who had left just to make sure theirs popped up first. Spent some time on the phone with air and we all know how that went… “the review is a review of their experience, blah blah blah…”

Whatevs. I’m going to bed. Did I say 11? I meant 11:30. Goodnight y’all. :kissing_heart:

At least if my five-star place is a one-star place in her head, she’ll never be back to mess with any of you. She probably leaves the Four Seasons one star on TripAdvisor.

2 Likes

Ooohhh, I wonder if I reply to her review if that would be enough to trigger the airextension on chrome? I’ll have to ask the developer.

1 Like

Well, anyway, at least you guys all know who to avoid! Sheesh, what a lousy sap.

1 Like

I’m not going to. I’ll let it ride. If people want to ask, they can. Every listing needs a little bit o’ crazy, right?

2 Likes

Are you kidding me? Couldn’t figure out he Keurig and didn’t call/text/message with questions? Lame. I hope you enjoyed the wine at least! :hugs:

@Natalie,
When I clicked on your link above and scrolled down, there is a listing in your neighborhood that you can relate to - I couldn’t figure out how to insert a picture but the listing title is:

“One great apartment, 346 great reviews, 1 bad one.”

I thought those hosts have a great sense of humor. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve seen that one before too and I was thinking exactly that!! :blush:

We’ve just received a review that said we should replace our downlights with uplights. I still don’t know what uplights are. Also that we should put insulation in the ceiling which we already have. Sighhh

1 Like

@konacoconutz they are talking about inside which is why I am confused

I actually like your pics, only wish there was one of the bath, I can only see half a shower on the app? Always check your photos using the app on your phone so you can see what many guests will.

BTW, I would not even respond to psycho guest’s review. It’s alreadh hidden as they don’t show in date order on the app anymore. The ones you did respond to stood out so that’s another reason not to.

I may be a bit off topic here and I apologize if I’m overstepping. But how are you viewing the guest reviews without first reviewing them? I’m always forced to review them before I can see anything they have reviewed.
Thanks
Again sincerest apologies if I overstepped.
S
Also, sorry you had to deal with her. I’ve had my fair share of difficult guests. I just discovered this forum and I am finding it very helpful.

1 Like

Airbnb has a blind rating system. Both host and guest have 14 days to review the other. As soon as both reviews are submitted Airbnb will publish both, but if only one party leaves a review, it will publish at the 14 day deadline.

So once a guest leaves a review for you, Airbnb sends reminders “oooh, don’t you want to see what guest said about you? Leave a review now!”. If you leave one, you can see theirs immediately, but if you wait for the 14 day deadline it’ll publish on your page anyway.

Oh I see, thanks!
I was aware of the kind systems. However I’ve already reviewed all my guests, just didn’t realized it was posted after the 14 day mark if one or the anther hadn’t reviewed.

Thanks Allison.

Sooo sorry this happened to you!! There are some people who should be banned from homesharng sites.

Chock it up to learning experience and life before Chrome app.

I had the same happen straight out of the gate n a new listing. Lowest review ever—before using the Chrome app. An awful vapid woman said everything was dirty, both in a public review and in private remarks all because she was pissed because we couldn’t accommodate her special request. We were gutted…and made the mistake of responding immediately, which is an easy thing to do in the face of grossly unjust public review attacks.

As was mentioned, nobody will rent to her in the future, so at least you can take solace in that.

Got another 5 Star, so it’s easin’ on down, easin’ on down the page!

I still thinks she needs schoolin’ but I’m channeling some Frozen here. :wink:

1 Like

Is it good to respond to a lot of positive reviews? I’ve responded to a handful…Is this a good practice to bury a bad review in the future? I don’t have any yet, knock on wood.

Did you ever figure this out? They want “up lights” inside the room/home? Do you install these in the floor? Whaaaaaat?