Most Frequently Left Behind

What are the five things that guests most frequently leave behind at your Airbnb?

For us:

1. Food (usually restaurant leftovers) in the fridge
  2. Charger cords
  3. Socks
  4. Books
  5. Earrings
  1. Soap or shower mitts/scrubbers in shower
  2. Clothing item
  3. food or drink

I forgot about soap. We’ve had a few bars of soap left behind.

I believe all the clothing we’ve found is socks.

Shampoo, have about 20 bottles under the sink by the end of the summer

Lots of socks shorts and underwear found between the sheets.
A book.
Condiments.
Food.
Earring parts.

Wow, @Brandt ! Do you wipe them off and put them out for other guests to use?

Pretty much the same as you. Here’s my list, in order:

Food and drinks, including liquor
Toiletries like soap, shampoo, razor, loofah, toothbrush, etc.
Coins
Clothing items, usually socks
Jewelry, usually earrings.
Kids toys (thankfully, no adult toys as I’ve read those are common)
Phone chargers and cables
Books
DVD movies
Umbrellas

Wow, lucky. I’d never have to buy shampoo the rest of my life.

1. Food
  2. Beer
  3. Charger cords
  4. Socks
  5. Makeup (eyeliner, lipliner, mascara)
  6. Underwear
  7. Dog Toys
  8. Books and Magazines
  9. Pamphlets and Maps from the convention center downtown
  10. Eye glasses
  11. Thank-You notes!!!
1 Like

I want to add, and I bet you could all also add, hair - a ton of hairs!

4 Likes

This is the weirdest thing.

My husband went down ahead of me to start flipping the apartment and sent me a picture of this with an “holy crap, what is this???” message:

I got on the internet, of course, and it’s a Korean anti-acne beauty mask that you sleep in! Still kind of creepy to me.

4 Likes

My most hated job, cleaning shower traps. Especially if we’ve had long haired women (or men :slight_smile:) of a certain age staying, who dye their hair. Almost had to use a hacksaw on it last week. Yeuch. Disgusting.

You would think in the twenty first century we have a far more efficient method of dealing with external human waste in a shower.

JF

4 Likes

@JohnF Do you have a tub or shower “shroom”? They really help a lot!

We bought multiples so we can switch out the dirty one and put in a clean one straight-away to get the apartments ready faster and then clean the dirty one later. We wash them in the dishwasher after we cut the hair off. It’s really streamlined the bath cleaning.

2 Likes

Where I’m from this term is used for hallucinogenic mushrooms contain psilcybin, psilocin, and baeocystin!

Just got standard shower wastes, well standard for Spain.

I even had to modify them slightly as the flow rate is too low. Due to the method of installation swapping them out isn’t an option.

JF

1 Like

Where I’m from too!

@JohnF t the tub or shower shrooms just fit into standard drains. I doubt the country matters much.

https://www.amazon.com/ShowerShroom-Revolutionary-Stand-Up-Protector-Strainer/dp/B071KTT82G/ref=asc_df_B071KTT82G/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216520501145&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7838964467563958039&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002242&hvtargid=pla-349252606056&psc=1

2 Likes
  1. very nice handwritten notes!!
  2. hairs
  3. food
  4. 2 new brassieres, in drawer
  5. mens panties
    we use correct size slightly rebent for # 1. Lowes or Walmart. (still disgusting, but no more blockage :slight_smile:

@gypsy
Yes! We love those screens too and use them in the kitchen sinks. The shroom seems to catch more hair for the showers, we haven’t had a clog again in the year we’ve been using them and the shroom “show” like these do, I just prefer that.

We also have multiple of these screens so we can just switch out a clean one for a dirty one instead of taking the time to clean it while we’re flipping the apartment. We put them through our dishwasher and they come out perfect.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought about various aspect relating to construction, till I ended up here :laughing:

Thanks for that, I’ll check the dimensions and if it fit give one a try.

JF

1 Like
  1. Drinks
  2. Food
  3. Shirts
  4. Shorts/Pants
  5. Backpacks and Suitcases

https://www.amazon.com/TubShroom-Revolutionary-Protector-Catcher-Strainer/dp/B01BYRMGCC?

These things are amazing, if you have the kind of drain they work in. I loved mine until my dog found it and chewed it to bits. It really did work just like pictured. Planning to replace.