Morgan Stanley - IPO

You probably just didn’t get in in time. It looks to me like if you didn’t get in the first hour or two, that was the end of the road. There still isn’t a guaranteed allotment for those of us who did get registered.

So, it’s not worth a hangover. :wink:

Yes, I did all the online forms, but didn’t set up the ACH account. Much will depend on whether I have $300 when any shares are actually available. My daughter was able to do it too and she only hosts experiences.

Did receive the email and completed and sent the required signed document. However, haven’t opened the special brokerage account required, have anyone received information on how to open the account?

The email from Morgan Stanley had a link in it that took you to their site and guided you through the steps to open an account.

If you haven’t completed the process by now it’s too late.

I did complete a document and was in step 7. Thought the rest of the steps were after the shares are offered.

Then you did create the special brokerage account. You should have a email from MS with the title “your new account has been created.”

Thanks for the information. I haven’t received the email from MS stating that the account was created and it’s impossible to call MS, you wait for hours.

You must have created a log in and password as that was an early step. Have you tried logging in?

This is the last message I received from MS:

Your application is now complete and your new account has been submitted for processing. No further action is required at this time. Once your account has been opened, you will receive an email with instructions of how to access your account on the Morgan Stanley Online website and add ACH instructions on your account using Morgan Stanley Online Transfers.

Has anyone received the email with instructions to access the account and add ACH?

Thanks!

Yes, I got that email (and text), and I successfully completed the ACH step. It took about 18 hours for the email to come in after I completed the previous step.

I’m now waiting the 1-3 days for MS to make two small deposits in my account.

Thanks so much for the information!!! I’m glad I entered this forum! :raised_hands:

Yeh, I missed the email, and we only had 4 days to respond, so I missed the damn deadline. I am so pissedvoff that we only had 4 days. For some that’s enough- for others like me, it wasn’t long enough. Deliberate on their part so lots of folks would miss it. Guarentee it.

I’m not too invested in trying to change your mind but you might consider that if they are sure demand is going to exceed supply then first come first serve is a suitable way to assign allocations. If they distributed shares in some random fashion, say throw your name in and we select randomly, everyone not selected would still feel burned.

When I got the email saying today is they day, stand by…I did.

I don’t think it was 4 days, I think it was one day. It was certainly 23 hours from the email from Airbnb saying MS emails go out today to the email from MS saying the program was closed.

Hello, I received the email on Dec 1st, I went today to apply MS and it says that

“Thank you for your interest in participating in this Directed Share Program. Unfortunately, this program is now closed due to higher than expected demand”

But the deadline was Dec 7th. Do you know what happened? so now we cannot buy ? Thank you so much.

2 Likes

You cannot buy. No way- no how. I had a 4-day window from the date of the email to their cutoff date. Still pissed off.
They allocated a number of shares designated first-come yada yada. Then they said if demand was higher than expected, they would go with Seniority. That’s my understanding. No matter to me now, though. CUZ I MISSED THE DEADLINE…LOL! whining…

1 Like

I received the stand by email, watched for the second and successfully registered. However, my daughter who is a host was told it was too late. Fortunately we can invest together through my registration.

What does that mean?

Meaning your daughter will just pay for part of the shares you requested?

I got the too bad so sad email with a “oh by the way, Chelsey is taking more money out of his pocket to help hosts” PR addendum. No worries here though bc per @KKC 's response above, I wouldn’t have ponied up the requisite shares anyway. We had a set number in mind in case we had to make a quick decision and that was not it.

What does that mean? LOL. I feel very stupid this morning.

There were a number of requisite shares. There was a minimum investment of $300 but that had been previously disclosed in the first informational email so that must not be what you’re referring to.

Nah, add me to the “haven’t had coffee brain slowness” this morning. You mentioned 275 in a message above and I thought that was meant shares required - whoops. Now, off to caffeinate. Lol :coffee::pancakes::fried_egg: