Money Request After Visit (and review)

Over washcloths? This host is a bit obsessive. Small things like that are the cost of doing business.

Please do tell about the everplush guy!?

1 Like

@KKC ā€“ I love it when you talk dirty!

3 Likes

Search Latest Topics for his post. He will send you free towels. I donā€™t get them because I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific.

I get what everyoneā€™s saying and I see your point - this host is a little mad.
However, I have to say Iā€™d also probably be pretty annoyed. I buy very expensive white Egyptian cotton facecloths from a hotel supplier and if they get ruined it takes a week or so for replacements to arrive.

Ewww, seriously - do people do that? I use them for my faceā€¦ maybe I should start buying brown ones from the local supermarketā€¦

OK I have to say though, yes Iā€™d be annoyed but I would never approach a guest - thatā€™s a small write-off.
If the host hasnā€™t yet left the review and you think thereā€™s a chance you accidentally tossed them or took them with you, make a compromise or you may end up with a bad review that will stop you getting hosted elsewhere.

Insane to drive that far. Unless as you previously pointed out the host lives in a remote location.
Stock gets lost, stock needs replacing. Even if you have a cupboard full, you replace as you go along. Replacing at your convenience as they wear out is different to suddenly having to replace because theyā€™ve gone walkabout.

I thought thatā€™s what wash cloths were for - keeping the pubic hair off the soap bar? - lol

My first thought when reading this was dude you have to expect that shitā€™s gonna disappear sometimes. I mean it happens in hotels so why would it not be happening when you are providing hospitality for strangers in your home or whatever? As far as Iā€™m concerned itā€™s just one of the cost of doing business. This person sounds pretty darn burnt out. They really just need to get over it. Anyway the wash cloths should be tax deductible so your impression that theyā€™re crazy is right. And truthfully they cannot prove that they drove 26 miles or that you absconded with their stupid washcloth. I mean yeah they took the picture before you stayed but who knows what could have happened right? Theyā€™re grasping at straws. If I was AirBnB Iā€™d side with you.

So do I konacoconutz. It is called Australia.

1 Like

I am absolutely astounded at the host trying this on. The host should not be a host. Next thing they will be allocating toilet paper sheets. Just imagine - ā€œYou used an extra 53 sheets of toilet paper thus you need to pay me $XXX.00c!ā€

Then again, I thought maybe this post is just a bit of a put on to stir things up? Surely a host wouldnā€™t be that petty? Either way, they wonā€™t last too long as I am sure their reviews will reflect upon their overall hosting attitude.

So, I am washing my hands of this post as well. (Now need to go and stay in an AirBnB to get more wash cloths.)

1 Like

I find my wash cloths are either apparently untouched (dry and folded) or wet and left in the shower. Iā€™m assuming that in the shower they are used on the entire body, especially areas where people might be weird about touching.

:smile: well Clydeā€¦ Hawaii has you beat as far as isolation. We are the most isolated archipelago in the world. And YOU are a continent! :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve even had a hair dryer go missing. I donā€™t know which guest took it, since I didnā€™t notice it until another guest reported it. And I donā€™t know if it was taken by accident or on purpose. Regardless, this is how I deal:

1. $8 hair dryers from Amazon. I bought two. Now I have one in the room ā€“ and a spare for next time. I also have extra (cheap) towels, glasses (Ikea - super cheap) etc stored as replacement stock.
  2. Amazon. Who drives 26 miles for little stuff like this?
  3. Donā€™t sweat the small stuff.
2 Likes

Thanks konacoconutz. My self esteem has gone up today. I can now provide continental breakfasts! :wink: What on earth is that silly video on your post? Are they guests of yours celebrating their isolation? Or is it an ā€œIsolated Island Conferenceā€ at Mearnsā€™s Island? They look like 5 Gilligans.

1 Like

LOL!!! Why that is from the most famous song and video to ever to come from your countrymen!!!
Hereā€™s the videoā€¦ You must have been born after the 1980s??? :smile:

Men At Work-Land Down Under by adiis

Of course! Didnā€™t have the sound on or anything. Actually, rarely watch music tv. Obviously know the song but the video is new to me! Definitely born pre 80ā€™s :cry:

1 Like

Oh nutz! I am giving away my age, but this was an MTV classic. We watched it over and over! Obviously so low budget and kitschy but that was part of the charm! :smile:

2 Likes

Saw them live about 1986. Loved it!

1 Like

Low budget and kitschy. Love it! May even use this for our AirBnB listing!

1 Like

Oh. Mine are usually left on the side side of the handbasin covered in mascara and foundation - or not used at all.
Iā€™m going to add extra Napisan to the wash from now on!

1 Like