Many red flags urgent

It’s easy to do so. I once looked closer by chance and realized it was Monsieur Sylvain B G

1 Like

Sylvain it’s a french male first name

Not easy to know of course and many people have it wrong in sweden

2 Likes

How is it pronounced, “sil-vane”, “sil-van” or…
neither of the above?

1 Like
2 Likes

So it’s “seel-vah”?..it doesn’t help when the pronouncer has an accent. :smile:

2 Likes

DH??

The issue is complex, and its discussion could form part of a fiery off-topic tangential.
To stick to the principle of non-discrimination, I wouldn’t necessarily refuse hosting someone because he was from that community – I mean you would (sort of) be driving away Charlie Chaplin if you did! – but like anyone, if they are into the shady stuff you menton, their communication/attitude would give it away and that would be enough for a decline.

That doesn’t sound right to me, I can’t hear the nasal at all.

Imagine some French wine placed on a window sill.

@Astaire

Yessss…and then what? A baguette joins it?
You’re losing me.

1 Like

Lol, I pictured you pointing to the window and saying "sill - vin’ :upside_down_face:

I guess I was being sill…y

2 Likes

I would never decline someone based on being from any community, as I strongly agree discrimination has no place here or anywhere … However, given all the other shady stuff that these potential guests did, I would have no problem not letting them stay in my house. Then when my little, overactive, pea brain would start trying to connect the dots, and come up with all sorts of theories! Hookers, Traveling Gypsies Clan, Serial Killer Pair, Witches! I know you get my point :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Indeed I wasn’t saying you would, but someone else did do above. Sadly in today’s PC world, we are not allowed to connect those dots.
Many such theories do turn out to be inaccurate, or exaggerated, but stereotypes do have a grain of truth to them. Still, like you, I am for starting each time with a non-prejudicial approach.

3 Likes

We engaged in some serious speculation ourselves last night. We went out for our evening walk and there was a girl sitting on the grass in front of the neighbor’s house smoking a cig. (picture our quiet street in rural Kona, no streetlights or anything) and her presence startled us. Because we do practice NW I asked her what she was doing and she said she was waiting for her BF. What my son didn’t notice is the position she was sitting in… in a dress and compromising and wide open if you get my drift. We started to worry she was a tweaker and would break into our house while walked so we hurried back talking about shady characters and their motivations the entire way up,and back…then lo and behold… Who did we pass on the way back up but ms shady boots, indeed, walking arm and arm with the boyfriend and both said a pleasant hello to us. We felt guilty for being suspicious…but honestly … you can’t be too careful… over the years I have had house broken into, cars broken into, cars stolen, bikes stolen… etc. (in California) so I guess I am a bit jaded!!!

Glad to read that this booking was cancelled. I guess there won’t be any

or Johann handling or Stefan handling or…

Meanwhile I have a Cher song stuck in my head…Thanks @azreala

2 Likes

Did I miss that the booking got canceled?

In many cases, looking at their names, it’s not obvious who’s male or female on this forum (not that it matters much.)

I am with booking.com and I don’t take any payment, booking.com takes the money from the guests and then booking pays me a bit later. I am in Ireland, I would check out with booking.com why they won’t accept payments for you. It was set up so small businesses could list on booking.

I was described in a VERY interesting way by someone here I had just had a PM with. Based on my take no prisoners comments, he thought I was one way… when I am actually quite another, and what’s more… a bit of a snowflake!!

Won’t give the details but it cracked me up… and was waaaaaaaay off the mark! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes that is still the policy

1 Like

They don’t offer it in Sweden

The booking was canceled

1 Like