Low ratings from disgruntled and vindictive guest

If you aren’t on the premises, you seriously have to get a co-host - someone to keep an eye on what’s going on. In many cases, your neighbours can be your greatest allies - can you not rope one of them in as a co-host?

2 Likes

When you knew he invited 12 guests over contrary to your house rules how did you ensure they left promptly ??

I’m talking to a guy who lives on the corner to see if he will be a co host.

I called the registered guest and reminded him of the rules and also that the visitors were not allowed. He said they would leave and they did in another 2 hrs… He had 5 star reviews which allowed to override my instincts. I am learning very quickly.

I would have called Air and had them out of there ASAP. Partying with firearms? NO.

2 Likes

Yikes. What a recipe for disaster. My sympathies. Don’t need a house rule for this one.

2 Likes

I certainly would handle things differently now. I suspect the man heard animal noises in the back yard and went out to investigate. We back up to the woods and there are foxes, racoons, and coyotes that sometimes make noises at night. The man with the gun was around 4:00a.m- after the original group returned from their outing.

It sounds like we aren’t getting the whole story… You never mentioned anything other than the weed before. And now, it doesn’t sound like the weed has any relevance to your reasons for thinking they were poor guests.

Now it sounds like they had unregistered guests over but that the friends of guests left as soon as you asked them to. I still don’t understand what they ultimately did wrong.
They left a bit of weed in the suite? And perhaps checked for an animal outside (with a firearm…which I presume ARE legal in your state)? If that’s the worst and your suite is still in good, original shape…I would rethink this airbnb endeavour as it can get a whole lot worse than that! You’ll be a nervous falling apart wreck within a few months at this rate.

2 Likes

Your encouraging-glad some of the others on this site have given solid advice.

Too funny–I’ll have to consider that benchmark for rating future guests :rofl: