Long Term Booking

Oh man this sounds like Pacfic Heights (scariest movie ever)

It’s good that you are familiarizing yourself with tenant rights in your State. The point is, what does your lease say other than it is for 41 days. Do you have all the other necessary language included in the contract which complies with the statutes and landlord/tenant code – that’s the question.

In your case, after 41 days the tenant would be ‘expected’ to move at the end of the term without notice. True, but what you may be expecting in a ‘normal’ situation and what some hosts are alerting you to that could happen, are two different things.

Look at her reaction when you told your guest that she needs to go after their rental stay is over…“she seemed upset about that.” (hmmm…)

I rest my case.

1 Like

:slight_smile: not in the U.K. You can only ever be a lodger if you are resident in a homeowner’s home. A tenancy can only ever occur where the owner isn’t resident at the same property.

I do agree the law is different in different countries though!

Read through the rest… It only gets worse!!! :frowning: I just sent you a private notification

If you didn’t know they had a baby and they never told you, you should have refused them entry. If you didnt specify No Children you were in a bad position. As soon as you saw the baby you should have refused to allow them to move things into the house. You should have allowed them to stay one night and move out the next morning. I do not allow
children of any age, period. Risk of damage, and also risk of injury to child or child’s sickness developing, could be
very bad and unhealthy. Dont allow children in your house!. If it is separate house you can allow children but the same policy holds: if they arrive with an extra guest they didnt tell you about, you owe them nothing.

Update:
So things obviously were not going to improve and house rules are/were broken daily so two days ago (about 20 days into the booking). I emailed Airbnb asking them to move mom and baby and boyfriend to another house.
Two days after emailing Airbnb I get a call today from the resolution guy. He says that he wants them to move out by tomorrow morning and I’ll keep 70% of the remaining balance left on the booking. Just over $600.
So Thats fine, The Airbnb guy wants to be the one to call her and ask her to leave in the morning. I think that he also was going to reimburse her and find her another listing to move into.
So I get an alert just now saying that she cancelled. And then I get this email.

So the reservation is canceled which is good but, I don’t know what this means and from what I was told over the phone, Since it was cancelled due to breaking house rules why is there no emailing stating the agreement of 70% of the reservation from the 9th-- 30th of December.

Hmmm… not sure what’s going on.

Basically this message is telling you unless your guest finds another payment method … you’re not going to get anything.

What I don’t understand is why you haven’t already had the payout. The 14th November was ages ago …

But I have in my chase account the total amount of the reservation. Are they going to deduct that from my future Airbnb earnings? And why is this just now coming up they have been here 20days? Sounds suspect.

Then it’s a glitch. Just call and clarify what’s happening …

Yeah I’ll keep you posted and also to see if Airbnb makes good on their promise to reimburse me for the 9-30th. And if the guests leave the house half way decent tomorrow morning.

Wait what ? There was another booking from 9 to 30th Dec? I wonder if that’s what they couldn’t get payment for … and it just had the wrong dates in the message

No they are leaving early (being asked to leave for breaking house rules) the original booking was from Nov 14- Dec 30th.
I told Airbnb that I wanted to keep 70% of the earnings from the days that they are leaving early from (I could have kept 100%) - I’ve been paid out already.
Then I get a text that the reservation has been cancelled by Airbnb, (They get to leave in the morning) and then that email.

This is how they leave the table overnight to clean around 11am the next day (if I don’t do it). --remember that I have two other Airbnb rooms with guests too.

@Scullard89 Airbnb only charges in 30 day chunks. So part of that reservation hasn’t been paid for and likely Airbnb tried to charge for it upon cancelling. And as they couldn’t get the funds they’ve sent you that email …

Alright I’m calling in the morning. AHHH that adds insult to injury.

Ugh… Sorry for the outcome but at least slobs will be gone. Good riddance. Were they raised in a barn?

1 Like

Pre AirBNB I was not meticulous about my house’s cleanliness, but I NEVER ever left my dining table looking like this. This is a feast for mice, and it smells, and it is just nasty to wake to the next morning.

I admire you for having the fortitude to host more than one group at a time. This is my nightmare coming true. I am sorry that you are dealing with such chaos.

Even the messiest guests were never as bad as these people. And now it seems they cant cover their bill. The boyfriend was hitting up another guest last night to “invest” give him money for his start up hemp business. I’m glad this is ending. Generally (actually aways until now) guests have been very clean. And know what clean means. So multiple rooms is never an issue. And usually they hang out with each other and develop “bro-mances” and go mountain biking or snow boarding together.

1 Like

Some people are totally mannerless slobs…ugh. How anyone can think this acceptable especially as a guest in another’s home?..cripes.

I have spoken with the mother (shes about 20ish) at least 6 or 7 times including leaving a note in the kitchen (as I head off to work) telling her that this is a common space and leaving food out is not ok.
It’s just the type of people they are, they don’t take care of themselves, respect other peoples spaces (probably resentful of other people) but continue to make bad decisions. - it’s the cycle of poverty.

This morning as they were packing to leave I left for work and had to make a U-turn to go back to the house to turn off a space heater that I left on in the garage and Boyfriend was smoking in the front door. - Breaking another house rule. I took pictures of everything this morning so I’ll do an audit later today to make sure nothing was stolen/damaged.
but with their credit card not working I doubt Airbnb will help me with that. – I contacted Airbnb about wanting them to uphold the payment policy for breaking house rules.

So there IS a problem with payment ?