Locked out of AirBnB

I was preparing my listing and by mistake hit the LIST button.
Needless to say, I am computer illiterate.
I closed my account–the listing still needed photos and checked over.
I attempted to get back in but can not.
I attempted to reset my password but that did not work.]
I contacted AirBnB via help, they emailed me a new password but that did not work.
All I needed was a few more photos and to double check my listing.
What else can I do. I would like to have my listing online soon.

Have you tried starting from scratch?

• Pretend you’ve never been on ABNB, create a new profile, new listing.

If it recognizes your email address (saying you’ve already got an account) then try creating a new email address just for your listing.

First, have you confirmed your email address by checking the email that you used to register? If you haven’t, that might be the reason why you’re locked out. Go to the email that you provided during registration, look for the email Airbnb sent you and click the link inside to confirm your email address and try to log in again.

If you still can’t log in, try logging in using another browser.

You can also try using the app to log in.

Something similar happened to me. I had forgotten that Air would only accept .googlemail, not .gmail like every other sentient being on the planet.

I used a gmail account for my listing… never heard of or had an issue with this.

2 Likes

This was just about two years ago. When I listed, Air would only accept the full google, not gmail.

I will try these thanks a lot. What’s this about googlemail! I used yahoomail. Never even heard of googlemail.

I talked to AirBnB, via their messaging, they issued a new password, it did not work. I have two accounts, one as a host and one as a guest. I can get in ok as a guest.

My listing was totally ready to launch, just needed two new photos I took yesterday.

The photos (I hope) will improve my listing. My wife made up a fruit bowl, which we put on the kitchen counter and on the patio table we put a tray with cheese, crackers and a bottle of wine .

That looks a lot more attractive than a photo with just a bare table/counter.

If all else fails I will go with the redo, thanks for the info!

1 Like

You should only have one account. If you log in as a guest, then click on your profile picture at the corner of the screen (if you’re on a computer; the app is different), and one of the options in the dropdown menu is “switch to hosting” or something like that.

1 Like

I think @jkamm may have the answer to your log in problem.

2 Likes

There are a variety of views of course but most here would say not to include pictures with wine, cheese and fruit unless you are going to provide them. Don’t even put pictures of rooms/spaces that are off limits to guests. If you have a whole house listing, picture everything. If it’s a room in a house and guests have access to all common spaces, show them. But it they don’t, then take those pictures out. It only takes one knucklehead guest to mark you one star because they didn’t get wine and cheese with their $35 a night room.

2 Likes

FOI agree with @KKC about the photos of fruit and wine and cheese. Don’t take photos unless you plan to provide that exact thing. We leave a goody basket with some fruit and snacks, as well as local wine & beer. However, I don’t have pictures of any if it because what I leave varies (depending on length of stay, what they paid, etc.) and I don’t want any nit pickers. I do have a not very close up photo of the coffee and tea tray (not too close to avoid anyone calling me out about specific types of tea) because I state in the listing that it’s provided.

I too provide different things based on rate paid. Soaps, shampoo even fluffy towels get swtiched based on amount paid. LOL.

2 Likes

I agree with @KKC, that you should photograph what you actually provide, otherwise you might find yourself with a picky guest review.

With that said, you can accomplish something similar, with a tray, some beverage glasses, water, ice etc. I did something similar in the photo below. (worth noting that the lemon is from some nearby citrus trees, that I advise the guests to help themselves to)

We plan to provide wine and cheese by the pool and a bowl of fruit on the counter-top for guests when they arrive. My type-A-wife even took close-up photos of both so I can rearrange each with exactly the same arrangement before the next guest arrives.
She took close-up photos of everything, how the pots and pans; plates in cupboard; soaps in the bathroom will be arranged.

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks a LOT for the photo. I think I will modify our photo accordingly. I can always put out something extra if I want to, but at least with something like this I will not be locked into into it.

I am still having problems with AirBnB. Now I am getting a message saying “email was recently used by another user.” Tried to set up a new account. Looks like I am going to have to call them.

It probably is a good way to start; And if things change and you’re providing different, you can always adjust the pictures accordingly.

I provide some type of home made baked good, fresh ground coffee, and milk (of guests choice) so I include a picture of that. I’ll say that the lemon cake tends to get more comments than anything else -> It’s the little things that can be most impactful.

Wiser words were never spoken as my mother used to say.

Slightly off topic: I remember staying at The Plaza in NY and they provided a complementary (full) bottle of wine which was most welcome after a hard days work. I remember thinking though how guests undergoing sobriety would think about that or do they ring ahead and ask for the mini bar to be destocked so would include free wine as well? I guess by showing a photo like yours they will know it is provided and contact you accordingly if they don’t want it. Does this ever happen to other hosts who provide free booze? I’m more likely to score free booze from guests than the other way around but I once bought two lovely ladies who were staying for a whole week a couple of bottles of local wine and we ended up staying up chatting till 3am drinking it and some of their own.

I’ve provided a complimentary bottle of champagne or wine to guests who were coming for a special occasion (anniversary, wedding) and will probably do so for a couple staying over NYE.

I’ve also provided unopened beer, wine, liquor that have been left by prior guests.

In one case I had a young couple who, arrived on a very hot day and I mentioned that I’d left a few bottles of IPA beer in the refrigerator for them. In response he said thank you but that they were not yet 21 years old (legal drinking age in the US) so they’d have to pass. It was at the point I realized:

• that I’d have no issues with these guests. :+1:
  • that I need to be more concious about who I provide liquor to. :warning:
3 Likes