Latest Airbnb cheap trick on us Hosts

That page for Guadaloupe is pulling up properties from all around the area, not just in Guadaloupe. I recognize the “Serrana Villa” listing - it’s in Soufriere, St Lucia, and is a five-minute drive from my villa and I’ve met the owner.

1 Like

Do you ever watch Bachelor in Paradise?. :rofl::rofl:
Cheesy, low class entertainment. :joy:

1 Like

From watching DiP it seems to be a very high murder rate place, like Baltimore or South Chicago.

Oh the Australian version of Bachelor in Paradise is just finishing this Sunday. I hate to admit I am addicted to it. They even had 3 of the American bachelors on. Low lifes stealing our innocent Aussie lasses’ hearts. One went to LA with the American and then left him after he asked her for a threeway. Such class! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That explains why I kept thinking of Ronnie Barker when I saw his photo.

1 Like

LOLLLL!!! That is hilarious. I didn’t know they were filming there. You know it’s the losers and drama mamas and divas on the main shows that end up on Paradise!!!

1 Like

Actually the Australian “Paradise” is in Fiji. Mostly the divas and drama queens from the Australian version of The Bachelor/ette. “Stage 5 clinger” is a favourite term this year.

1 Like

The line from season 22 Bachelor that stuck with me was

“Stop glam-shaming me. I have always been pro-glam” :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Season 22? Where only on season 4 here. It’s all so fresh and new! :exploding_head:

1 Like

I know, he’s still gorgeous…that voice ahhhh

Not obvious at all. You happen to be wrong. I have asked Airbnb for clarification on issues relating to how they work on a number of occasions and they have been helpful.

1 Like

Ahh, Miss Jones, pronounced “Jeeyearns”

1 Like

Do you mean Richard Beckinsale? Unfortunately he died when he was about 40 of a heart attack.

Yes, I know, it’s one of the reasons I watch it :slight_smile:

Hello from beautiful Montana,

Thanks for sharing and caring. I am learning new tricks and tips every day to make our Airbnb more profitable.

Judy Helm Wright–Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman

Hi Rigsby,

I had a similar experience with a twist. When I clicked Airbnb’s 10% discount, it linked to a 25% discount offer that I could not alter. “No Thanks” similarly did NOT offer any alterable discounts.

Airbnb rep, Joselle’s email reply: “Regarding the special offer of 10% discount that you received via email yesterday, April 26, 2018, we found out that the system had generated a new special offer for your listing SpruceHaus at Serene Lakes today, April 27, 2018, which is for a 25% discount. And since the most recent discount set by the system is 25%, the system can only apply a 25% discount to your listing. Please note that this offer is set by the system, basing on the demand & competition among listings on your area.”

Appears that Airbnb engaged in a little bait and switch with my listing discount and seeks only to leverage bookings at little regard for hosts. I’ve read this sentiment on this blog, before.

I suggested that Airbnb provide hosts the opportunity to provide last minute discounts in order to drive bookings. I’m not holding my breath for an Airbnb answer.

Best,
Peter

1 Like

Yes like Midsomer Murders which is set in the rural West Country (of England)! One of the mildest places on the planet.

I know this is an old post, but had to comment. I love MSM and was watching the other day thinking " does nobody think of moving due to the ill proportionate number of murders to townsfolk?!" Or "how is their any people left in this town?":joy:

1 Like

Yes we are all still here chewing straw and drinking cider. Even the cities have fewer murders than MSM!

2 Likes

Is it set near you? In the Cotswolds, isn’t it?
I couldnt believe that it is still filming?! I saw the most recent season was 16th I think?! Watched a recent one and was trying to determine if it was the same woman who played his wife? If so, the woman does not age!