Just a Venting Exercise

@Magwitch I recently got a glowing 5-star review from a Super Host from Paris. I did a little dance :dancer:

2 Likes

I would bet that you wonā€™t hear back until you contact them again, and you still wonā€™t get the review removed.

2 Likes

Are reviews ever rescinded?

Yes, rarely so it is worth a try.

RR

They got back to me within a couple hours! And suggested that I take a leap.

Yes, Iā€™ve had two guest reviews removed by Airbnb because the guests lied in their reviews. And it was obvious from our listings that they had lied.

Exactly. Think about where the Michelin stars originated :wink:
And 3* is the highest you can get from them!

1 Like

They all headed west this year, since third week in August every other guest has been a Dutchy.

So far, 5* on Airbnb and 10ā€™s on BDC.

Great guests, easy to host and always leave the place neat and tidy.

JF

1 Like

yes, a French family stayed early summer, and I BENT OVER BACKWARDS to help them, I drove around with them looking for parking, we chatted and bonded, we laughed, and I thought weā€™d really got on well!
4 stars, ā€œweā€™d love to stay againā€. I messaged back, that Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t stay, if Iā€™m only worth 4 stars.
ā€œOh, so only people who give you 5 stars can stay?ā€

Wellā€¦ yes.

8 Likes

Well that precisely sums up the ridiculousness of the airbnb rating system and how it FAILS. You had nice guests, they enjoyed their stay, you liked themā€¦ the only issue is that they gave you 4*. In the rest of the universe, 4* is good. Soā€¦ EVERYONE loses out. You lose a guest. Guest loses the nice place that they;re familiar with and end up booking a hotel. Airbnb loses on commission.

9 Likes

Hope this doesnā€™t sound xenophobic, but looking through 2 years of reviews, European visitors are the only ones who have given us 4 star reviews, after glowing, complimentary narratives. Just wish Airbnb understood that some folks think 4 stars is goodā€”compared to 5 star hotel. : (

2 Likes

I should have indicated I was joking. I love my Dutch guests.

In my market research background we learned the Dutch tend to be more honest/direct in their feedback. Was there room for improvement? Yes? Well, certainly not a 5 then!

Itā€™s a trait I much appreciate in regular life, and have noticed in some dutch friends. Itā€™s not a good fit with Airbnbā€™s draconian view of guest satisfaction.

3 Likes

You described every thing I dispose about hosting to most people. They give you a glowing review on a perfect experience then go online and drop some stars just because I never give 5 star reviews. Arrrrrrrrrgghhhhh. The more you do for them they more they take advantage in my experience

Our house is in the tropics in Australia. When we first opened up a couple of rooms in our house for Airbnb over 2 years ago we talked about insects in the tropics in our listing. Nobody booked. Since we removed mention of insects in our property description, we have enjoyed over 200 stays - superhost - 4.9.

My first booking since the OP happened today.

I had a six night stay leave an hour early this (Monday) morning. When 11AM rolled around, the apartment was my place again and time to clean and prep for my next check in, Friday.

One last check of the email before I get stated and see something from AirBnBā€¦ ANDREW SENT A REQUEST TODAY AT 11:01 AM

So I do a quick read of the request and their profile and made this appear.

RESERVATION CONFIRMED TODAY AT 11:02 AM

Then kicked it for the next four+ hours getting the place ready. Now Iā€™m waiting for the couple who will be on their babymoon to arrive. :airplane:

This got me to 83% occupancy for the month. :call_me_hand:

1 Like