Is there a way to add charge for pets that is collected by airbnb? And what is your pet cleaning fee?

How do you know in advance if they are bringing a pet?

My rules state that there is a pet fee - per Airbnb’s rules - and that no one can bring a pet without prior approval. A fee is not enforceable if it isn’t in your rules.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Don’t allow pets in the future!

with pets it is usually a more than 50% chance that an issue will come up. it’s better do not allow them at all. airbnb is not really helpful to collect money in case of damage.
Pet charge is $20-$50/day.
Make sure you have a note that people must let you know in advance if they are bringing a pet and that you have a right to not let them in if they don’t. the more rules you have the better in case there is an argument with airbnb. many ppl try to sneak in pets.

and make sure you charge them right away after they check in. I would ask them (in the Airbnb chat ) if they would like to pay cash or prefer me sending them an amendment in the system. if they say CASH and forget to pay I will send them an amendment. Important to tell them the deadline that the fee must be paid by this time of the day today to avoid unpleasant feelings that it brings to you !

1 Like

Thank you so much, it’s very helpful!

To collect the pet fee you need to send them an amendment though the system.

Modifying the reservation is not the best way to go because then the Guest gets charged Airbnb service fees and occupancy taxes and fees on the pet fees which is not fair.

What are the percentage of people who bring pets, and then the percentage of people that do not that don’t bother to ask for the removal of the deposit? I say the second part because we all know that the deposit is not charged and is not always accepted for payment even if it is accepted to exist.

There is a button now but very few people actually use it. Regardless, it does not charge anything. And for those like me who charge PER pet it doesn’t help either. Plus a pet is not the same as all pets. I so far have had dogs, cats and fish (and a parrot parent canceled) but also accept horses. All very different needs as far as amenities goes as well as vaccination requirements (for those not booking an entire house by themselves).

There is a reason…the Guest gets charged Airbnb service fees and occupancy taxes and fees on the pets then.

Offers and change requests are not the way to go because then the Guest pays Airbnb service fees as well as occupancy taxes and fees on the pet fees.

As are you, unfortunately.

Hardly petty when it sincerely effects your bottom line with increased expenses and no increased income.

Not the best way to do it as it costs Guests more with Airbnb fees and occupancy taxes and fees on the pet fees. Resolution Center request is better if they don’t pay separately.

Slightly more than half my guests bring pets. Roughly 1/3 of the hosts in my area allow pets. I charge a fee and I have been modifying the reservation to add that fee since 2010. Until Airbnb offers a pet fee option like HomeAway that’s the way I will be doing it.

1 Like

If it works for you great. Just know that not only is the Guest getting charged more but Airbnb is getting their 3% from you as well. Resolution Center you get 100%

1 Like

I’m actually not sure about the fees in this case of amendment. I don’t remember seeing any airbnb fees getting added to my amendments.

I think there was not any fee for that amendment in my cases. I believe that airbnb treats the amendment as a small addition to your business.

‘Than’ than our strengths.

There is a box that you check if you will allow a pet or not