Increasing pressure on hosts!

@Claudette_Bradish That’s a hilarious post! Great and really entertaining reading:)))) Thank you!

2 Likes

I stayed at the Plaza a few times back when I used to make money. Sometimes I use that experience as a frame of reference when looking at Airbnb guest commentaries.

To Ms. Bradish’s comments, if I wouldn’t expect it at the Plaza, why the eff would I expect it in an Airbnb?

Keurig? Really??? They wanted $26.50 for a continental breakfast in '87! For that kind of money, I’ll spray paint it gold!

Soundproofing? What kind of padded cell have you been staying in?

Early check in? I’m sure the Plaza has a fee for that.

Do I look like firking Donald Trump? Don’t answer that, please.

Hey, if we found those comments appallingly funny, so does our prospective guests - and the diligent prospective hosts! Comedians! :wink:

2 Likes

My comment to a guest who snuck in 3 extras… did the levitate?

They were space aliens. Zero gravity. Off world types don’t count. :wink:

Sadly such requests come in and what makes it worse is that after the disgruntled guest writes a bad review Airbnb does not look into the guest’s behavior or the unrealistic expectation, as long as there is no racial or profane content they allow it. and, the Airbnb guest already knows how to get away with that.

I had a situation last summer where the guest got bitten by the mosquito from the open window. he privately reported the bedbug issue and left a very negative review with a two-star rating. Airbnb ordered me to produce the bedbug inspection which of course came negative. Airbnb unsuspended the listing but they did nothing about the review, despite the fact that the review was written based on the wrong perception of the guest- mistaken a mosquito bite for a bedbug bite. Airbnb said the review did not violate their police. It was ridiculous.

Another situation was that i had a guest from Saudi Arabia who booked for 2 weeks for 4 people but brought in 5 people. it was a slow season and I did not say anything and allowed it.

On the last day of her trip, she brought 6 other women in my house with the suitcases so they could wait here for their flight time. When I finally expressed my discount that she was supposed to ask my permission, she got upset and left without a thank you and wrote the most hideous review.

I tried to have Airbnb look into our communication which proved all of my claims, but they cared less. they said the review was not violating their policy and was going to remain. it was heartbreaking and very unfair.

what is interesting that it was not like that before when I started out in 2015. the agents and case managers were much friendlier to the hosts and more focused on training the guest’s mindset on the concept of homeshare. that culture is gone forever from Airbnb.

With their review system Airbnb is indirectly putting the pressure on hosts on providing hotel standards and services, to the point that I have looked into other homeshare options and have gotten better prices and much nicer behavior.

Airbnb itself has created a culture that is arrogant and irrational, thus, pushing the hosts away.

1 Like

You should have either revived this 3 year old thread OR created your own new one. This copy-pasting your rant in two places was unnecessary.

3 Likes