If someone stays for 2 nights, would it be bad to

LOL. Hosts don’t read any better than guests! We’ve all been there.

Except me of course. I don’t make mistakes.

If they are honeymooners the sheets get the long, hot cycle. On the laundry topic, for those of you that greet your guests in person, do you now just see makeup on womens’ faces, and not their actual faces? Because I immediately visualize their lipstick on my towels, their mascara on my pillowcases, and I pray their purple tinged hair wasn’t recently dyed.

2 Likes

When I do see makeup, (and I wear more than some…) I am reminded to pointedly point. out the box of washable face cloths for removable purposes; “these are the fashionable new way to currently remove makeup, as they exfoliate at the same time. I’ve been doing it for xxx now, and love the method”. Since some kindly soul posted a pic of their own facecloths that I copied, I have not had a problem with towels, pillow cases etc. Perhaps that’s because they come down to breakfast when I am unmade up and positively perky. Of course, they can’t see how I look or feel inside…

No honeymooners as yet thankfully.

1 Like

I am hopeless when it comes to identifying if someone is wearing makeup. The best makeup “jobs” are the ones you can’t tell after all, so I do my makeup spiel to all groups saying “if you wear makeup…”

Only people who have ignored this have been from Florida.

2 Likes

Nope but purple hair, yes. I had a guest who left blue dye on a towel. But the worst is the face products that bleach the towels. I put out colored hand towels recently and by the third use they were ruined. Into the rag pile they go. I will never buy anything but white for the guest room again.

1 Like

I’m in favor of short washes and I also hang my clothes out on the line whenever possible to save on energy. I do notice that the sheets have one or two little spots, maybe from massage oil that just never got washed all the way out in time. The sheets are clean and smell great but these one or two spots can be seen, I always hope the guest don’t inspect the sheets too carefully. I hate to replace sheets frequently with new ones because they are really expensive here, at least according to my budget.

You are a cutie pattootie. Good for a laugh.

Judy Helm Wright–Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman