I would like to take a poll on check in/check out times

Well, Ideally I’d like what I offer 12-12…
but if I had to choose, I guess I’d choose an earlier check in/out. It just means getting your sh** together to leave on time (but that’s preferable to having to hang around if you are ready to check in early)

1 Like

Ok…thanks for answering. I am only asking if you had the choice which would you choose.

So one for you on the earlier check out fence if need be, and add Suite Retreat to “absolutely not” - lol. I agree that I would rather take my time but if given the tradeoff I could have my shit together…lol. I could shower at night, have my clothes laid out. Wake up, drink coffee and have breakfast…brush my teeth - and I and my partner are out of there. Again, this is not a whole house rental at all.

I think making it not a whole house listing I’d def go with the early check out. The holiday is over and I wouldn’t want to be hanging around with a host waiting for me to leave.

1 Like

You can add me to the list of later folk - nope - I’d never stay anywhere where checkout was earlier than 10am. Our own place has 11am checkout and I have 3pm as earliest check-in. It’s tight sometimes for a same day turnaround as its a whole place - 2 bedroom flat. But I manage! I know for sure if guests had to hurry out early, I’d find the place more untidy. I’d rather they had the extra time and co-operated with my ‘leave as you found it’ policy.

1 Like

I have a whole home check out that is also 2 bedroom like yours.

Would you prefer to check in later with a studio with only you and one other person? That’s the place that is not ready and I am asking about. So many people beg and beg for early check in. So I am taking it you and one other person would prefer late check out instead of early check in and early check out?

I wouldn’t stay anywhere with a check out earlier than 10am. If it’s nott that big of a place though, would you need such a big window? You could have two sets of linens and strip and remake right away to cut down turnaround time and still offer a 1 or 2pm check-in.

Sarah - check in time would be noon. But if guests don’t want to check out early then check in time will be 3 p.m.

Yeah I think so - it’s rare to arrive somewhere so early, and if I did get to a place where I was too early to check in, I’m not averse to hanging out in a coffee shop for an hour or so. If your out in the wilds - ie no coffee shop or other distractions - well you must reach it by car, so you could take a nap in said car, or read etc. Ive sometimes been places where check-in has been from 4pm - that was a bit late - I think; the 11am check-out, 3pm check-in seems a good compromise to me, with flexibility offered if it’s not a same day turnaround?

1 Like

Wow…most of my guests beg for early check in and everyone here says they wouldn’t even need it. Interesting…

1 Like

For me too 9AM check out time would be an absolute no-go! We stay often in a place where the check out is at 12 and we always take the flights so that we leave the place at 11AM. (We’ve visited the same places in Paris for many years now…) And if I would shop around I wouldn’t choose a place with such an early check out. (For the same reason I give some flexibility for my guests. I know they’re here on holiday and always want to go see the city as soon as possible. If the room is ready, I let them in even at 11AM. )

1 Like

I think, 10am would work better for me that 9am. That’s a bit to early.

1 Like

I agree 9 am it s too early.

We have 11/15. It’s work good for our place

1 Like

Jepjep - absolute no go

Jingste and sylvain - should I put both of you on the list that you choose the listing with the 3 p.m. check in?

We are a farm in the mountains so we have to work with our farm schedules as well as hosting. Check-in between 3PM-6PM although most of our places you can self check-in. Check-out by 11 AM. We have on place that is “off the beaten path” and really try to make certain we can greet the guests and show them the ‘quirks’ of the place.

Farmhost - will you take my poll please?

If your vacation destination was within one to one and a half hours of driving distance from your home, and you were only traveling with one other person which times would you prefer:

A. Check in at noon with check out at 9 a.m.

B. Check in at 3 p.m. with check out at 11 a.m.

I do have a rental with a 4 p.m. check in and 11 a.m. check out. I am just taking a poll to see how many people actually value early check in. Everybody wants it…but only if it’s free…lol.

yes, the check in time seems ok.

I have solved this problem by requiring a fee. You can also firmly state they will not be let in earlier. Here’s my house rules and if they break em I charge em. So make sure to keep in contact with them on the airbnb message board to document whats going on, i.e. “Hey, you said you’d be here at 9pm…it’s now midnight…where are you?”

CHECK-IN is free anytime between 3pm and before 11:00pm on day of arrival. A $10 fee will be charged for late arrivals after midnight so if you are prone to being late please book elsewhere (look for listings with the amenity “24-Hour Check-In”) or be prepared to pay the fee.
CHECK-OUT time is before or by 11am. If you stay here you must be out the door no later than that on day of departure, no matter how late you end up arriving, otherwise I charge $10 to extend your check-out until noon at the latest. The parking space must be vacated as well.
EARLY PARKING OR LATE PARKING I charge $10 if you want to arrange to park your vehicle here early or pick it up after check-out time (this may not be available if I have another guest who needs the space).
EARLY LUGGAGE PICK-UP/DROP-OFF I charge $10 if you want to arrange for early luggage-drop off on day of check-in or storage for later pick-up on day of departure. You will not be able to access the house or use the bathroom or parking spaces during this time. This is for luggage storage only.
NO KEY, PARKING OR HOUSE ACCESS may be provided until stated check-in time and the key will need to be returned at check-out time. A lost key will cost you your entire deposit for staying here due to the inconvenience it will cause.

I think I have counted 11 people who would prefer later check in, and 3 people who wouldn’t mind the earlier check in/early check out. I haven’t put others into a category because they really aren’t responding to the original question. If you do take the poll can you please tell me if I should mark you down for option A or B? I will try to reword the question:

If your vacation destination was within one to three hours of driving distance from your home, and you were only traveling with a significant other…which times would you prefer:

A. Check in at noon with check out at 9 a.m.

B. Check in at 3 p.m. with check out at 11 a.m.

I see from the thread that I never really answered the poll clearly. You didn’t ask for explanations or options so…(LOL) my answer is Option B.

1 Like

Yeah…In hindsight I should have stated in the original post and only asked to choose one of two options. Thanks for the response!

So now we have 2 for A, and 12 for B…